Golf Mat or Astro Turf - Recommend?

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All

If we are gonna be "stuck" at home for a month, now that I have my golf net I need a golf mat for smashing balls off.

Any recommendations?
Couple of cheap ones out there for £30 - £60 are they good enough or shall I just get 2m of Astro Turf?

Potentially go up to £200 if I have to!!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The cheap ones will screw your elbows. I’ve got a tee turf one from golf swing systems. It’s padded enough and takes proper tees. It is at the top of your budget though.

Bassfisher

Visit site
Hi All

If we are gonna be "stuck" at home for a month, now that I have my golf net I need a golf mat for smashing balls off.

Any recommendations?
Couple of cheap ones out there for £30 - £60 are they good enough or shall I just get 2m of Astro Turf?

Potentially go up to £200 if I have to!!
Mattie , what bet did you buy?

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Ask your local range if they have any old ones lying around which they'll give or sell to you. Most ranges will change mats semi regularly I'd imagine.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Loving those for £6 :D:D

I bought 6. A pair I stand on and I've rotated the other 4 for hitting off. Surprisingly long lasting given the price. The only downside is where they are interlocked with plastic pins they do tend to separate after a couple of shots (not totally separated) so have to just push them back together. Not a massive issue