Golf lessons and video of my work in progress....

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
My better half bought me a set of golf lessons for Christmas with a chap called Adrian Fryer at True Fit Golf in Warrington. Adrian is one of the coaches who does articles for TG magazine. A thoroughly nice bloke and I can't recommend him highly enough. Keeps things very simple, and what i really like is that you leave the lesson with only one or two key swing thoughts and drills. Also, you get a quick synopsis of your lesson on a memory stick for you to review which is really helpful.....although I do get some funny looks during lunch at work watching myself on my PC !!

Here's my current work in progress, i'm hoping to get down a few shots this year from 15.5. Constructive comments & criticism welcome ...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
As you can see from the reaction, not alot to say.
Your pro is obviously helping you with the swing technique and it looks very good.
But, there's always a but...
It looks very wooden if you know what I mean. I understand that will soften as the new moves become more natural and I hope you will feel and look more comfortable with the swing.

Do you hit it right to left at all?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
As you can see from the reaction, not alot to say.
Your pro is obviously helping you with the swing technique and it looks very good.
But, there's always a but...
It looks very wooden if you know what I mean. I understand that will soften as the new moves become more natural and I hope you will feel and look more comfortable with the swing.

Do you hit it right to left at all?

Hi Bob, thanks for the feedback. Yes, after a big bout of the high and rights in the middle of last year (where i was not getting my weight across to the left side) i have made a bit of an effort to release the club more and turn the ball over. However, this has resulted in a hooky type of flight that i'd like to straighten out. Any tips ??

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
On your next lesson, ask your pro about the clubface position at the top of the backswing.
If you look at the front view of your swing, you will see the clubface pointing at the sky (closed) at the top of the backswing. That would suggest a closed face at impact.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers Bob, I'll mention that, and your bang on when
you say it looks wooden. Getting my hands higher feels
really strange at the minute, like my arms are working
independently from my turn.