Golf Insurance

scottkw2003

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi Guys and Gals

just looking at renewing my golf insurance and was looking for any feedback any of you might have,

currently insured with golfer's club but year on year premiums keep rising without having a claim.

Many Thanks
Scott

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use GolfCare - alwasy cheaper as a new customer, unless you ask and often they can do some sort of deal.
I should be paying 34.99 with out any free goodies, aside from 4 free rounds of golf at certain selected courses.
I rang up, they dropped it to 31.49 and also agreed to throw in 6 balls and a marker chip :)!

D

Deleted member 21258

We use Golf Guard, think it was about £30 and £15 for son(junior).

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys and Gals

just looking at renewing my golf insurance and was looking for any feedback any of you might have,

currently insured with golfer's club but year on year premiums keep rising without having a claim.

Many Thanks
Scott

Like anything insurance read the Schedule carefully for level of cover and exceptions, as one who has experience of low cost low cover, I personally would not just look at the bottom line price

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm with Golfcare it's just went up to £34.99 after a 1st year 30% new policy discount , never made a claim.
So I'm thinking of changing , any companies offering a better price, with some goodies thrown in could tempt me.
any other recommendations.

D

Deleted member 25172

Never crossed my mind of getting a golf Insurance. Doesn’t it usually come with the membership?

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm with Golfcare it's just went up to £34.99 after a 1st year 30% new policy discount , never made a claim.
So I'm thinking of changing , any companies offering a better price, with some goodies thrown in could tempt me.
any other recommendations.
Give them a call and I managed to get it down to £31.49 (10% off), 6 balls and a marker chip thrown in - just be prepared to walk away.

D

Deleted member 21258

Never crossed my mind of getting a golf Insurance. Doesn’t it usually come with the membership?

Insurance isn't normally given with membership as far as I know.

I took out insurance as I once hit a lady with a ball, and just made me realised the damage it could do.

As part o the policy you normally get hole in 1 insurance upto £x, which will be handy if I am luckily enough to ever get one especially at a big meet like H4H or on captains day, dreamer :oops:

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've never heard of that before.

In the past I have added my clubs to my home insurance but never had a dedicated policy, should sort one out really. I calculated the cost of replacing everything at well over £3k.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Certainly doesn't where I play. I hit a car (which triggered me to get insurance) and when I went to the pro shop to notify them I said isn't that the car owners issue for parking where they did - a firm response of "you are responsible for whatever damage your ball does" soon told me.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If on the off chance anyone is planning to take out golf insurance and would be happy for me to refer you as a friend let me know. As far as I'm aware its the same cost I just get some additional free golf balls. You also get golf balls as an introductory offer.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Below is a reason I always get it

I signed up to golf care because I thought £25 why not

3 days later I’m on the 18th hole at my then club. I hit a 6 iron off the par 3 (always used a 6, never went long ever) I’m not a long hitter but now days would use a 7 as I have improved strike.. others I play with use a 9 but their long hitters

I digress .. anyways I hit it.. looks lovely.: goes over the big oak so it’s over the pond in front happy days

Stroll round to be asked “did you just tee off?” Yes I did why did it hit someone?! “No but it’s landed in that car” which was 50 yards into the car park

Was a waiter at the restaurant

I apologised and got auto glass Out to pay for the damage .. £225 (a lot I thought for a car window on this type of car lol) anyways even though your suppose to speak to them first they honoured the claim because they don’t open weekends

All settled happy days

I wouldn’t be without it

Now I haven’t even done anything like this since and this was years ago now.. like 2015 maybe .. but for what you get for £25-30 it’s worth it for me

A5E4C810-20B7-4EAD-B428-DF0B4B23C15E.jpeg

D

Deleted member 25172

Hmm, should probably start looking at one by the response here.
Did have a real scare just a month ago when I accidentally (obviously) hit a ball that flew out into the middle of a very busy road but luckily it didn’t hit any cars.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I took out insurance a couple of days ago with Sports Cover Direct as I'm due on a trip soon. I covered everything I feel I need at a reasonable price.

Robin Hood

Visit site
I apologised and got auto glass Out to pay for the damage .. £225 (a lot I thought for a car window on this type of car lol) anyways

Wow that was expensive - I replaced a windscreen a few years ago, used a private sole trader (who used to work for AutoGlass) and paid a third of the price.

I don't have private golf insurance. I assumed the club covered accidents to third parties.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow that was expensive - I replaced a windscreen a few years ago, used a private sole trader (who used to work for AutoGlass) and paid a third of the price.

I don't have private golf insurance. I assumed the club covered accidents to third parties.

I believe this is the case in Scotland but not England

I still say best £25 I spend a year.. get 6 balls free normally and 3 x free rounds at courses (I’ve never used this but it’s an option)

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm with Golfers Club, it's more expensive than some others but appears to offer some great cover. Packages seem split up well to offer more levels of cover for your gear.

I know other policies have similar offers but being able to play some decent tracks FOC pretty much makes it for me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Below is a reason I always get it

I signed up to golf care because I thought £25 why not

3 days later I’m on the 18th hole at my then club. I hit a 6 iron off the par 3 (always used a 6, never went long ever) I’m not a long hitter but now days would use a 7 as I have improved strike.. others I play with use a 9 but their long hitters

I digress .. anyways I hit it.. looks lovely.: goes over the big oak so it’s over the pond in front happy days

Stroll round to be asked “did you just tee off?” Yes I did why did it hit someone?! “No but it’s landed in that car” which was 50 yards into the car park

Was a waiter at the restaurant

I apologised and got auto glass Out to pay for the damage .. £225 (a lot I thought for a car window on this type of car lol) anyways even though your suppose to speak to them first they honoured the claim because they don’t open weekends

All settled happy days

I wouldn’t be without it

Now I haven’t even done anything like this since and this was years ago now.. like 2015 maybe .. but for what you get for £25-30 it’s worth it for me
I'm confused by this story, you overshot a 6 iron by 50 yards??? Who designed the golf course and put the car park right behind the green of a par three?? I blame them! :LOL: