Golf Insurance

D

Deleted member 25172

Given the other responses I would confirm that we have 3rd party liability included in our memberships.

Ok, best to check with the club then what’s included as my assumption perhaps wasn’t as stupid as I thought after the first couple of answers. :)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
There's been at least 2 cases in Scotland in the last few years where golfers have been awarded £350,000.00 another £10000.00 after being hit by a stray ball. Clubs do have some type of limited liability insurance cover for members, when playing at their home club, but don't think it covers playing away events, or lost or stolen equipment.
At some open comps we've played the hosting club issues temp insurance just for the day.
So it really is worth getting insured, but shop around for the best deals.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi I'm not a member of a club, should i take out golf insurance?
Yes ! unless you have a spare £300k to give to someone you hit.
It’s like any insurance you hope you don’t need it but need it if something goes wrong.
Car insurance is basically the same the minimum requirements are third party in case you injur someone or damage their car.

But don’t forget we are hitting a 100+ mph missile around a field but it dosnt always go where your aiming.
Plus my bag is worth the best part of £3000. So that needs to be insured.

Big Jim

Visit site
Yes ! unless you have a spare £300k to give to someone you hit.
It’s like any insurance you hope you don’t need it but need it if something goes wrong.
Car insurance is basically the same the minimum requirements are third party in case you injur someone or damage their car.

But don’t forget we are hitting a 100+ mph missile around a field but it dosnt always go where your aiming.
Plus my bag is worth the best part of £3000. So that needs to be insured.
Thanks, that must be one fancy bag(y)

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
As a junior a fellow junior at the time hit his second shot over the hill towards a blind par 5 green as the bell had been rung.

Unbeknown to him one of the 3 ball had doubled back to the green as his putter cover had fell onto the floor. The 3 wood shot from 200 or so yards away hit him straight in the head no bounces, nothing just straight to the dome.

Air ambulance job and put in an induced coma. Fortunately the pro practically made it compulsory for all juniors to have insurance as the club had a large junior academy so both parties were covered.

Said junior stopped playing for weeks, returned and played in a competition after several rounds and almost hit somebody again with a wild shank and that was it. Walked off after 8 holes and never saw him again, sad really as he wasn't to blame but the whole experience obviously seriously shook him and had a massive effect.

The bloke in question made a full recovery but it took a few months for him to get back. Not sure on any legal or insurance action but I wouldn't have liked to have been un-insured in such a scenario.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have the insurance for the personal liability cover, the fact that we've had lockers broken into before and to cover the clubs in the boot of my car. It's really to cover myself against injuring another player that I worry. At the end of the day with or without insurance clubs and property can be repaired or replaced. Causing serious injury is more of a worry especially the way I'm hitting it

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As a junior a fellow junior at the time hit his second shot over the hill towards a blind par 5 green as the bell had been rung.

Unbeknown to him one of the 3 ball had doubled back to the green as his putter cover had fell onto the floor. The 3 wood shot from 200 or so yards away hit him straight in the head no bounces, nothing just straight to the dome.

Air ambulance job and put in an induced coma. Fortunately the pro practically made it compulsory for all juniors to have insurance as the club had a large junior academy so both parties were covered.

Said junior stopped playing for weeks, returned and played in a competition after several rounds and almost hit somebody again with a wild shank and that was it. Walked off after 8 holes and never saw him again, sad really as he wasn't to blame but the whole experience obviously seriously shook him and had a massive effect.

The bloke in question made a full recovery but it took a few months for him to get back. Not sure on any legal or insurance action but I wouldn't have liked to have been un-insured in such a scenario.
The lad would not have been liable. He followed the agreed, safe method of playing the hole, he was not reckless, he followed the correct procedure. Sad story though, he was clearly shook up by it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The lad would not have been liable. He followed the agreed, safe method of playing the hole, he was not reckless, he followed the correct procedure. Sad story though, he was clearly shook up by it.
Up to a point I'd agree but in the modern litigious era I bet there would still have been a claim made. I have been hit and it's not a pleasant experience and aside from hitting the rear flank of a horse (gave the rider a shock as the horse charged off) I've not done too much damage. Never say never and I'd rather pay the cost of a dozen half decent balls a year to be secure I'm covered

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Think after reading this I'll get golfcare when I renew my membership. £25 and get 6 ad333 free to offset some of that cost anyway. Makes it about £17/18 for a year so no brainer really

D

Deleted member 23344

I’ve been with Golfcare for four or five years. They also cover you for the bar bill if you get a hole in one ... funnily enough I haven’t had to claim for that yet. 😕

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve been with Golfcare for four or five years. They also cover you for the bar bill if you get a hole in one ... funnily enough I haven’t had to claim for that yet. 😕

I know it’s illegal and insurance fraud but it always surprises me that this isn’t abused (or perhaps it is). Must be so easy for people to fake, and surely an easy area given how prevalent talk of bandits manipulating handicaps to win a comp is.