Golf in North East Kent

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Used to play my golf at Hatfield Country club in Hertfordshire (which the missus and I loved) and for a combination of reasons have switched our golfing zone to North East Kent.

We're looking at scoping out courses within roughly a twenty mile radius of Canterbury where say, Sittingbourne marks the western boundary , edge of Thanet the east and Folkstone the south with a view to resuming club membership next season.

I've got a few ideas but just wondered if anyone on here was familiar with that area and interested to see if something pops up that we haven't thought of yet.

We were completely spoilt at Hatfield: 2 course , one of which was members and guests only (with USPGA greens) great clubhouse and facilities, short pitching practice course and a big field for just messing about.

Miss it a great deal.

7 day was about £1200 a year

cheers all

billyg

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I think that most of the private member clubs are woth a look at. I am a member at Ashford but Canterbury, Sittingbourne, Bearsted, Sene Valley (Folkestone)and Faversham as well as Kingshill ,are all good clubs with courses that I would be happy to play any day. None have the sort of facilities that you were used to in that they are all single 18 holers but West Malling is 2 x 18 but not as good as the other as far as I'm concerned. Chart Hills in Biddenden is a course I like too but is pretty expensive and, to me, lacks a real club feel.

I am sure that all the clubs mentioned are under subscribed and would let you have a courtesy round to help choose and most would be around £900 per year on a 7 day membership (except Chart Hills)

With the M20 and M2 most are within 30 minutes of each other. Take your time to choose is my suggestion but at least most have now dropped the joining fee

If I can be of more help just shout

Chris

The_ACE

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bit out of range but cinque ports, st georges and princes all round deal/sandwich are great links courses, not too far from Canterbury. Boughton is also a nice club with nice clubhouse, worth a try