Golf in North Devon

D

Deleted member 23270

The 18th is a fantastic finishing hole worthy of any top golf course.
3 wood 8 iron to a big green in the prevailing wind. Guess we will need to agree to disagree on that one.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
3 wood 8 iron to a big green in the prevailing wind. Guess we will need to agree to disagree on that one.

I love that hole, it sits nicely in the landscape, clubhouse at the back of the green....smashing!! What did you need from the Blues Tees Sam? :whistle: Last time I played it was more for these aging bones than a 3 wood and 8 iron!

kevingopher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Crazy. It’s not even the best par 3 on the complex.

Tee shot wise over half the holes on the east are better.

Imo the only people that see the west as being better are those that find the east too hard...
Your not still a member at either are you?

Yes, I’m still at RND. Saunton or more accurately Braunton is an absolute hell hole in the summer, lovely during the off season tho

kevingopher

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’m not saying because it’s harder it’s better but I’m saying people that find it too hard naturally gravitate to the west - which is not in the same league.

East has 2 of the best opening and closing holes in the country

West has 2 VERY average opening and closing holes

The first on the east is awful! It’s so bad that they had to put the tee miles back on the nearest dune so people said...
“what’s this hole mate”
“oh straight par 4, 460 into wind”
“really, how dull. Anyway isn’t this big hill we are stood on lovely”

18th is a fantastic hole tho, that I will agree on. Sitting in the bar taking bets on people playing in has got messy many a time.