Golf in Coventry area!

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good afternoon all

can anyone recommend a good golf course in the Coventry area? We are planning to play at end of May :)

Coventry golf club have said its £30 a round to play their course, do you feel it’s a good course for the money or would you recommend anywhere else ?

realy appreciate your help and if it helps I do have a county card as I know some courses do deals !

cheers Matt

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good afternoon all

can anyone recommend a good golf course in the Coventry area? We are planning to play at end of May :)

Coventry golf club have said its £30 a round to play their course, do you feel it’s a good course for the money or would you recommend anywhere else ?

realy appreciate your help and if it helps I do have a county card as I know some courses do deals !

cheers Matt

If you dropped a baited hook in the water you might get a fish in the not to distant future👍

Fish

Banned
Visit site
For £30 your being offered a county card rate as our advertised visitor rate is £65.

It was an Open Qualifying course for over 4 years, something were looking to get back.

The course, especially the greens have had major investment in them for the last 3 years so we can play on them all year round, which we do.

It has everything a golfer looks for imo, a good array of par 3’s, testing par 5’s, left & right doglegs, ponds & river water hazards running through the course, crafty positioned fairway bunkers and every time you play it, it will be very different.

We’ve done some heavy pruning to some of our large trees and great looking Willows over the winter which will take some time to grow back, but in the main, it’s the best looking course in the area and for £30, if that’s what you’ve been offered, it’s a steel.

We have all the PGA regional and some national comps held at our course and we have the ladies national amateur championships being held at CGC this year.

For some history, it was on the circuit with Hoylake & Wentworth to name just 2 other clubs in the Picadily Cup and Seve made his British debut playing in it at Coventry GC, so it can’t be that bad!

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cheers for your replies and I know someone was a member on here (fish )

will get it booked and look forward to losing some balls!

Off to a wedding on the Saturday so all sorted for a good few days now 👍🏌🏾

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Cheers for your replies and I know someone was a member on here (fish )

will get it booked and look forward to losing some balls!

Off to a wedding on the Saturday so all sort for a good few days now 👍🏌🏾

Let me know when you’ve booked (day/time) and I’ll drop by and buy you a beer 🍺🏌️

Mcleodc2000

Club Champion
Visit site
Coventry is a really great course! I played there a good bit over last summer, and moving back to the area in September, may well look to join again! Really good mix of holes to make you think

Jon_T

Medal Winner
Visit site
How do you rate Hearsall against CGC Fish? I've played Hearsall about 5 times due to knowing a member there but have never played CGC. I do like Hearsall though so if CGC is better it's a must play for me when the weather gets better.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
How do you rate Hearsall against CGC Fish? I've played Hearsall about 5 times due to knowing a member there but have never played CGC. I do like Hearsall though so if CGC is better it's a must play for me when the weather gets better.

Obviously it’s all very subjective, but Hearsall must be 1000 yards shorter, much less picturesque, it’s main defences is its tight.

To give you some substance, we have attracted over 120 new members over the last 2 months, quite a few from Hearsall, Kenilworth, Stonleigh and some from 2 courses in Leamington. We have the highest subscription fee in the area, so with new members joining at that level, it speaks volume towards how the course is perceived and our supporting facilities imo.

When you want a knock just let me know, I’m pretty flexible.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
No joining fee is a big bonus at the moment.

Finham bowl, even more, a bargain #36Holes for £30 with lunch :) nice course with excellent layout, Hearsall is a lot of irons for placement and mickey mouse holes but still a good track be it the wrong part of town for access.

£1230 a year