Golf Depot experience

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have often been lured to this company's website, due to their cheap golf club prices, but have resisted buying anything from them due to some horror stories relating to customer experiences.

I fancied trying out some irons with graphite shafts and knew that the grips on my Rocketbladez had around one more season of life left in them before I would have to replace.

This saw me take the plunge on a set of Speedblades (next model up in the TM range) with graphite shafts at a stunning low price of £199 from said company. Paid online and awaited delivery info.

I received an email from the company (no staff member name) simply stating, "We don't have any, try SLDR irons?".

I told them that I had paid for the Speedblades and asked if he could check.

I was told (full reply), "You will either get what you want or a refund".

I considered my options and as I really liked the SLDRs as well, I told him to send me them. They were at a crazy price of £170 so I told him to send me some Srixon balls to make up the difference, if they didn't have Speedblades.

Received a reply (in full), "on the way".

Had to clarify whether he was sending the SLDRs or Speedblades and was told, "on way sldr with balls".

After 2 working days, I received my full set of SLDR irons, with balls (Srixon AD333 x 12 and AD333 Tour x 12) in some of the best packaging I'd ever seen- had foam dividers for the shafts, heads and grips.

Also sold my Rocketbladez for £150 on eBay, which means I've traded up to a new set of irons, two models down the line, with graphite shafts and 24 good quality balls for £50. Delighted with the deal.

The moral of the story is that yes, this company are legit, but that their way of conducting online sales is very unorthodox and sub-par compared to other firms.

However, I believe that you can't expect to pay Primark prices and receive Harrod's customer service and this is very true of my experience.

Ultimately, I wish the store was closer and this would have been sorted in a day. I wish they offered a customer telephone number, but they don't.

You can make your own mind up whether you'd consider buying from this company. For me, price was the most important consideration here, and, if in the same position in future, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Golf Depot again.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I can see your point but at the end of the day you have come away with a different product to that of your original choice,and you are very happy about it, very clever marketing by Golfdepot.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
very clever marketing by Golfdepot.

I went to the chippy once as I had a right notion of a roll and fritter. They sell fritters there, it's priced on their menu. Went in and they had none left. Ended up getting a roll and chips. Very clever marketing by the chippy.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have often been lured to this company's website, due to their cheap golf club prices, but have resisted buying anything from them due to some horror stories relating to customer experiences.

I fancied trying out some irons with graphite shafts and knew that the grips on my Rocketbladez had around one more season of life left in them before I would have to replace.

This saw me take the plunge on a set of Speedblades (next model up in the TM range) with graphite shafts at a stunning low price of £199 from said company. Paid online and awaited delivery info.

I received an email from the company (no staff member name) simply stating, "We don't have any, try SLDR irons?".

I told them that I had paid for the Speedblades and asked if he could check.

I was told (full reply), "You will either get what you want or a refund".

I considered my options and as I really liked the SLDRs as well, I told him to send me them. They were at a crazy price of £170 so I told him to send me some Srixon balls to make up the difference, if they didn't have Speedblades.

Received a reply (in full), "on the way".

Had to clarify whether he was sending the SLDRs or Speedblades and was told, "on way sldr with balls".

After 2 working days, I received my full set of SLDR irons, with balls (Srixon AD333 x 12 and AD333 Tour x 12) in some of the best packaging I'd ever seen- had foam dividers for the shafts, heads and grips.

Also sold my Rocketbladez for £150 on eBay, which means I've traded up to a new set of irons, two models down the line, with graphite shafts and 24 good quality balls for £50. Delighted with the deal.

The moral of the story is that yes, this company are legit, but that their way of conducting online sales is very unorthodox and sub-par compared to other firms.

However, I believe that you can't expect to pay Primark prices and receive Harrod's customer service and this is very true of my experience.

Ultimately, I wish the store was closer and this would have been sorted in a day. I wish they offered a customer telephone number, but they don't.

You can make your own mind up whether you'd consider buying from this company. For me, price was the most important consideration here, and, if in the same position in future, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Golf Depot again.

Senior shafts ?

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I went to the chippy once as I had a right notion of a roll and fritter. They sell fritters there, it's priced on their menu. Went in and they had none left. Ended up getting a roll and chips. Very clever marketing by the chippy.

Glad you are happy with the deal, me I would have gone to the chippy around the corner and got a fritter and a roll.

Crocodile JD

Medal Winner
Visit site
I bought a set of SLDR irons off them at unbeatable prices, order was confirmed, shipping was confirmed, arrived promptly all packaged properly and legit

Would I use again? Absolutely:thup:

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never had a problem with them but I've only ever shopped with them in the store never had the pleasure of an online purchase and they never answer the phone when you do call them!!

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I asked ag to price match them, they literally laughed in my face. They said golf depot aren't licensed to sell anyone's clubs and that's why they're so cheap. He also added he has no idea where they get there clubs from.

Now if only they'd invest in decent customer service, they'd be the best golf shop going