Golf course Lake district

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We played a couple of times last year in June and August and it was in excellent condition. However later in the year they had problems with the greens with some type of disease.

I read a newsletter around November where they were offering approx. £200 of the fees for this year because of the problem.
No idea what it is like now but worth a visit if greens have recovered, far better than Kendal GC which is very hilly

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Grange Fell 9 hole golf course is near Cartmel. I played there once and you might be able to play for just £10.
What I remember most are the stone walls.
A bit farther away to the west is the cliff top course of Silecroft which I've played a couple of times, and may also be £10.

Bit of rough

Visit site
Seascale. A bit less than an hour‘s drive from where you’re staying, and it’s a fabulous drive over Corney Fell.

The course is great - only one notch or so below Silloth. Look up the recent Golf Empire review. And a (former) local’s perspective - the weather on or near the Cumbrian coast, before the first line of fells, is almost always drier and sunnier than inland.

There’s a turf driving range that’s practically free (£1 for 25 balls), and the green fees are reasonable. And lots of holes that stick in the memory.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I stayed in Cartmel in the summe, I played at grainge over sands, it’s ok, not nearly at the level of some of the other recommended but it’s a short drive from where your staying and cheap enough. The roads and traffic can be a challenge around the lakes, so I just played somewhere close.