Golf course injuries

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ensure every bit of fibreglass is removed. It is deadly stuff; the glass filaments are usually coated with a size to improve the resin bond it can cause al sorts of serious bother.
That is my worry. The doctor/surgeon suggested that soldiers live with bits of shell casings and bullets embedded in their bodies so I should be ok if it was left in!!!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Given our collective history for aches and pains I thought they'd be more golf related injuries although I think bunkermagnet has had the luckiest escape to date. I know Pathetic Shark got hit by lightening on the course

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Never injured myself on a golf course - but did see someone get too close on a backswing and get a driver to the temple.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worst case is young man in the next bed to my mates daughter in Alder Hey.
He was teaching his pal to play and he hit him accidentally on the head with his backswing.
He died the next day.
Very sad and a reminder that golf clubs can be very dangerous things.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went back in yesterday and after 1.5 hour wait was taken into a side room. The person dealing with me asked me if I had had my operation the day before and went I said no he came back with my file, confirmed my name, DOB etc and was looking at some xrays of someone who had an op on Tuesday that were in there. Anyway, I had been pushed back down the list by emergencies and had to go back in this morning.

They took me in first thing and gave me a general anaesthetic so I was out for about an hour but at least they took it all out. With a bit of luck I will be back on the course in a couple of weeks. As Sergeant Phil Esterhaus used to say 'Let's be careful out there'.