Golf Buggy

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I need a golf buggy / we (he and her) need a golf buggy to get round 18 holes.

What are the do's and don'ts / pitfalls to avoid in buying. Where will I get the best deal?

PaulMdj

Visit site
I need a golf buggy / we (he and her) need a golf buggy to get round 18 holes.

What are the do's and don'ts / pitfalls to avoid in buying. Where will I get the best deal?
Have a look on Facebook Marketplace, Golf Clubs often advertise there when changing their buggies, plus private sellers as well.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1. Consider where it will stored /charged.
2. How you will get it to the club if they do not have storage space (there is about 4 -5 year wait where I play for buggy storage and charging and they do not have space for the large two seater 4 wheeled ones).
3. Two single seater buggies may well work out cheaper than one 2 seater one.
4. Fleets are sometimes disposed of (sometimes seen on ebay) with the same pitfalls as a second hand car.
5. There are companies around that sell second hand refurbished ones.
6. Be aware that buggies at most clubs often get banned in wet conditions . I have seen more buggy bans this winter than any year before.
7 Check you clubs buggy policy. I know of clubs that do not allow personal buggies and some that have a blanket ban through winter.
8. Be aware that using a buggy in winter you will feel a lot colder than walking.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are considering single seaters I can highly recommend Grass Hopper. Within my club around 70% of buggy users have this make.

VAT
The official view from the inland revenue and customs is that golf buggies cannot be VAT free due to disability because equipment that does benefit has to be specificly designed for disabled use. As golf buggies can be used by anyone they do not meet this rule. You may find there are companies offering this but you will be liable for the VAT if IRC find out. You have to sign a VAT exemption form to get it giving the details of your disability.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use an Electrokart Voyager, it splits into 3 parts and fits into the boot of my car, along with my cart bag.