Golf Buddy World Platinum

Rumpokid

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't know if it has been covered before, but any constructive help appreciated.
As title,Golf Buddy GPS will no longer power on.Just has a white screen showing on the display, when you attempt to power up then goes off when you release power button.Also when on charge, screen just stays white.Wonder if anyone else has experience of similar...Also, been in touch with golf buddy UK agent at Bolton, and do not seem interested in going down the repair route..TIA

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't know if it has been covered before, but any constructive help appreciated.
As title,Golf Buddy GPS will no longer power on.Just has a white screen showing on the display, when you attempt to power up then goes off when you release power button.Also when on charge, screen just stays white.Wonder if anyone else has experience of similar...Also, been in touch with golf buddy UK agent at Bolton, and do not seem interested in going down the repair route..TIA

I had the exact same with a garmin last year. 3-4 e-mails from Garmin finally sorted it out, and good customer service.

Complain to golf buddy if no joy.

Golf-buddy sound a tin-pot firm. :D;)

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had issues with both of mine, first one was sent to Germany and a replacement was issued with no hassle.

Replacement unit screen failed, then would work again . Contacted the guy who sorted my problem before, he arranged it to be sent to Bolton, they like yourself have witnessed weren't too keen on a repair.

I constantly emailed them asking for updates, they eventually said they had no spare units or components to do a repair. I was sent the PT4 unit foc which has been great so far.

D

Deleted member 21258

I have got this gps. not had the problem you are taking about. Have had a few times when it freezes or can not find any courses etc. I have found if I pop the sd card(memory card?) out the bottom, give it a blow and wipe and put it back in, it then works. You probably already tried that I would imagine.