Golf Balls - Your Top Three

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When the times comes when my swing is consistent and predictable and my ball striking ditto and I'm low to mid single figures :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry:), then and only then will I consider actually handing over cash for golf balls. In the meantime I'll stick with good condition pickups kindly donated by you guys (y). I've got a few hundred in the garage which will probably outlast my golf days.

And no, sticking with one type of ball will not get me down to single figures.

D

Deleted member 3432

This year have enjoyed the AD333 Tour which has been discontinued and so now planning on getting a bundle of Q Star Tour which seem to be the equivalent

Otherwise the usual heroes - ProV1 and TaylorMade TP5. Would like to do a Bridgestone fitting of sorts as feel like I'm missing out due to a lack of knowledge with them

The Bridgestone guidelines for swing speeds are a bit of a marketing tool. Best way with these balls is to try them and see what suits you best for feel and performance.

I have played the B330s for years and now play its replacement the BXS. I probably don't swing over 105 where it is aimed at but it outperforms all other balls for me and I have total confidence in it.

If I go back to the ball fitting selector, for example Titleist don't market the ProV1 as a ball for strong swing speeds but this ball and others such as Z Star and TP5 are all in this category and every man and his dog use them. Any ball you use has a trade off of sorts so the best thing to do is give some a go.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1. Callaway - I feel they suit my game best. It doesn't seems to matter which model they all perform great . Although Warbirds are a bit hard, but don't spin so use in the winter.
2. Srixon. Lovely to hit. Really nice feel to them when you strike them well. Again, all models are good. Use the Distance for winter.
3. Wilson. Just the DX 2 or 3. Again lovely to hit and they feel great off the face. Also I like the shiney look to them.

I love comments like this.

With Callaway and Srixon you do not say which ball (which I note has already been pointed out)

Bit like saying I do not like Top Flites which at last count had 43 different types of ball.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Currently in my cupboard are

Prov1 2018 version (down to last few)
Srixon QStar Tour
Dunlop DP1 V3

All pretty much of a muchness for me (except the Dunlop scuff more but at a third of the price who is complaining). Bought because I liked them when prices were really good
Prov1 and QStar when it was buy for 4 for the price of 3 and the Dunlop when they were on final clearance.

Boomy

Visit site
You’ve never seen that pic of inside a call away then?

AVX, pro v1 and pro v1x for me. Any Srixon during the colder, wetter months.

Who cares what the inside of a Callaway looks like? ? Do you play them inside out.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
If money isn't an issue then:

Taylor Made TP5 - by far the best ball
Callaway Chrome Soft
Wilson Staff

But it is so :

Inesis Tour 900
Kirkland Tour
Callaway Chrome Soft

Has to be in yellow

Springveldt

Visit site
Who cares what the inside of a Callaway looks like? ? Do you play them inside out.
When the core is off centre causing the ball to fly offline through no fault of your own then you should care what the inside looks like.

For me I’d say it’s Bridgestone Tour BRX and Titleist AVX as they are the only balls I’ve used this year.

Didn’t like the AVX at first as during the summer it was harder to hold the greens with them but as the ground got softer I love the extra half a club I get off the irons with them.

Boomy

Visit site
When the core is off centre causing the ball to fly offline through no fault of your own then you should care what the inside looks like.

For me I’d say it’s Bridgestone Tour BRX and Titleist AVX as they are the only balls I’ve used this year.

Didn’t like the AVX at first as during the summer it was harder to hold the greens with them but as the ground got softer I love the extra half a club I get off the irons with them.

I’ve played Chrome Softs and Chrome Soft Truvis consistently for 12 months and never knowingly had an issue with the ball. Faults with golf balls will happen with every brand, I dare say I’ve played a faulty ball and not realised. I’ve still got no interest whatsoever in what the inside looks like.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
cally supersofts are my general ball although I’m becoming partial to a zstar.

During the winter it’s pick up’s providing they’re not pebbles.

Favourite ball as a kid was an ultra competition 90, think I still have a box somewhere

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Would love to see someone slice a drive into the trees or miss a putt to the left, rush up to their ball and slice it in half to prove the core was off-centre so they had something to blame for their bad shot! Would make a change from blaming someone talking four fairways away or someone removing their glove on an adjacent green :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I use whatever I find - but my favourites are:

1. TP5x Pix (love them for putting)
2. Srixon Z star (best all round ball I have used - for me!!!)
3. Wilson Duosoft (cheap and well made golf balls!)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would love to see someone slice a drive into the trees or miss a putt to the left, rush up to their ball and slice it in half to prove the core was off-centre so they had something to blame for their bad shot! Would make a change from blaming someone talking four fairways away or someone removing their glove on an adjacent green :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have used a ball balancer for 10+ years. Never really noticed much difference make to make but boy have I seen some really out of balance balls in that time.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I need help with driver spin levels so I tend towards the Srixon AD333 and Q star and I like the titleist tru soft.
All spin enough for me - which is the same as every thing else.
The optimum ball was the Callaway Hex tours as they did a bit of come back on irons … and that’s the only reason I play golf all the rest is just fluff.