Golf balls to avoid

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
i think thats a different ball ??
https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/news...news/2020/january/wilson-duo-soft-golf-balls/

Wilson's new DUO Soft+ golf ball replaces their DX2 model as the world's softest golf ball - and is joined by a new DUO Optix
Wilson Golf has added supercharged Velociticor™ technology to the new Wilson Staff DUO Soft+ golf ball that replaces the original DX2 Soft version – making it the world’s softest and longest, 35 compression two-piece golf ball on the market.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Anyway...avoid them:ROFLMAO:

a couple of years ago there where pinnicle balls all over the course, i couldn't make out why.... turns out the club a brought a load of them for the range.. all the cheapskate seniors where using them on the course and filling their bags with them:ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are just so many ball unsuited to my game that I simply give them away.

The two biggest surprise no nos to me last year were the Callaway Chromesoft Graphene and the latest Bridgestone B33RXS both disliked simply because of the feel of the clubface. Both balls I have loved in earlier versions.

But as always golf ball choice is a very personal thing

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Srixon have probably had a winner by keeping AD333 with the same name and at the same price for so long.

Same is true for the Prov1 (always the most expensive ball you can buy:LOL:)

The variations between various incarnations of that ball can be very noticeable to the discerning golfer.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
For me the he AD333 feels far better than the Titleist TruSoft NXT however to be fair I don't use either very regularly and just hit both a few times.

Got a couple of AD333's in a welcome pack at a Scramble a couple of seasons back pulled one out the bag by accident as a provisional, just used it and kept it for the rest of the round. Still felt better than a Chrome Soft!

Swango1980

Visit site
If you are beginning and just getting used to golf, I'd recommend not being choosy. If you are likely to lose a few balls, you don't want to fork out a lot of money for premium golf balls. Also, using a range of different golf balls will help you identify what you like and what you don't.

Once you are a bit more consistent and comfortable in your swing, then I'd recommend sticking with the same ball (at least over summer, might choose a different one over winter), as it can be unnerving using multiple balls that feel completely different on the club face. Especially for "better" players, they'll definitely benefit from a consistent ball.

Personally, I love the Callaway Chrome Softs, while for some reason never liked the Titelist ProV. I bought a batch of 60 Vice balls, because they can be bought online dirt cheap and it is said they are constructed like a Premium golf ball, and are cheap because they are online only. Honestly, I'm unconvinced. I didn't buy the top Vice model, but did still buy a 3 piece ball. It doesn't feel anywhere near as nice as a Callaway Chrome Soft.

I'd definitely avoid lake balls, their performance can be extremely variable. Other makes to avoid, generally, are Top Flight, Pinnacle, Commando, Dunlop, etc. Basically, they are the cheaper balls, I'm not saying they'll all be horrific, but they'll generally not feel as nice. Not a fan of the Callaway Warbirds or Srixon Distance, but they are the budget versions of those brands, so likely they'll not feel or perform as well as the more expensive ones.