Golf ball for slow/moderate golf swing

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am looking for a golf ball better suited to my swing and one that I can play contantly. My driver swing speed is 89mph, my 7 iron swing speed 79mph. I like the ball to be reasonably soft but with good distance relative to my swing speed off tee. I have been using Titleist Tru feel recently, but feel there maybe better options out there. Anyone with similar stats tried the Honma TW-S ball or Bridgestone E12 contact? Both look like options. Any other thoughts gratefully received.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having poor eyesight, I played ProV1X yellow but couldn't get them at the end of last year. Because of winter and wanting to try a softer ball I opted for Tour Soft and have found it much better for my slower swing than the top of the range balls. Long and also great for short game, it is also softer for putting. Well worth buying a sleeve and giving them a try.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having poor eyesight, I played ProV1X yellow but couldn't get them at the end of last year. Because of winter and wanting to try a softer ball I opted for Tour Soft and have found it much better for my slower swing than the top of the range balls. Long and also great for short game, it is also softer for putting. Well worth buying a sleeve and giving them a try.
Will do, thanks for replying

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Will do, thanks for replying
Be aware that the feel off the putter is possibly more important than a few yards extra with the Driver.
I felt comfortable with the NXT Tour S (now replaced, possibly by the Tour Soft), but have never got on putting with Srixon Soft Feel.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Be aware that the feel off the putter is possibly more important than a few yards extra with the Driver.
I felt comfortable with the NXT Tour S (now replaced, possibly by the Tour Soft), but have never got on putting with Srixon Soft Feel.
Thanks, yes, I need to take that into account. I did the golf ball finder tool with Titleist and it came up with Tour Soft, so i might try them out

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have similar swing speed, maybe even a little less, and I've found the Bridgestone RXS has given me the best distance, and it's reasonably soft at around 70 compression (according to My Golf Spy). Usually £30 a box from Snainton, although they currently don't have any, ha. (I think a new version is out so they might be slightly more expensive now.)

https://mygolfspy.com/best-golf-balls-2021/ scroll down to where it says 'DATA' and has the big spreadsheet thing, select 'slow' for swing speed and have a look at the numbers.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Callaway Supersoft, Srixon AD333 or triSpeed, Bridgestone e6 or Mizuno JPX would all be worth a try.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have similar swing speed, maybe even a little less, and I've found the Bridgestone RXS has given me the best distance, and it's reasonably soft at around 70 compression (according to My Golf Spy). Usually £30 a box from Snainton, although they currently don't have any, ha. (I think a new version is out so they might be slightly more expensive now.)

https://mygolfspy.com/best-golf-balls-2021/ scroll down to where it says 'DATA' and has the big spreadsheet thing, select 'slow' for swing speed and have a look at the numbers.
I have played the RXS and found them to be a nice fit. Might have a look again

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Srixon q star tour, sold of the putter good distance of the driver. I also recently was given some mizuno RB566 and was very impressed. Lovely and soft of the putter, it also stopped pretty quickly too.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have what would be called senior swing speed (70MPH iron)

I have been using these this winter

https://www.muziker.co.uk/rzn-ms-tour-golf-balls-white

(they used to make the Nike Balls)

as a direct comparison to Bridgestone B330 RXS (green box) and have been very impressed, virtually no difference between the two

Just did a check of that website to order some more and just seen shipping cost:mad:

Last edited:

fat80b

Hacker
Visit site
I'm not fast, and I have stuck with the AD333.

I like the feel on the wedges and putter balanced with the cost (I get s/h ones off facebook for cheap) but I assume that I am probably sacrificing distance for this but don't really know?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm similar to yourself and I have to say the Honma TW-S have been brilliant for me. Good distance with the driver and I actually get a bit of spin on the greens that I never got before. I always used to play a two piece Wilson or Srixon before so never played with a Urethane cover but will stick with the Honma for the foreseeable.
Also manage to get them under 20 a dozen from Clubhouse Golf on a regular basis which is just an added bonus.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm similar to yourself and I have to say the Honma TW-S have been brilliant for me. Good distance with the driver and I actually get a bit of spin on the greens that I never got before. I always used to play a two piece Wilson or Srixon before so never played with a Urethane cover but will stick with the Honma for the foreseeable.
Also manage to get them under 20 a dozen from Clubhouse Golf on a regular basis which is just an added bonus.

Another vote for these.

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
QUOTE="jim8flog, post: 2492726, member: 23204"]I have what would be called senior swing speed (70MPH iron)

I have been using these this winter

https://www.muziker.co.uk/rzn-ms-tour-golf-balls-white

(they used to make the Nike Balls)

as a direct comparison to Bridgestone B330 RXS (green box) and have been very impressed, virtually no difference between the two

Just did a check of that website to order some more and just seen shipping cost:mad:[/QUOTE]

I think Clubhouse Golf sell RZN. Two dozen would probably qualify for free delivery.