Golf bag, zip repairs

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi,

I've got a golf bag, under 2 years old and a zip has cracked (the actual metal) piece. So it needs a new zipper on. The (unamed manufacturers) have said 'its out of warranty' so that's basically that. Has anyone ever had any experience of getting one fixed and where did you take it?. The bag is perfect so don't really want to spend £150+ for the sake of one zip

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Find an old fashioned shoe repair shop as they seem to have an all round skill set for this

Cheers for this. Disappointed in Motocaddy to be honest as it looks like the bag is out of warranty but they won't even send me a spare zip to try and fix myself. At least I know who not to buy from next time!

Last edited:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers for this. Disappointed in Motocaddy to be honest as it looks like the bag is out of warranty but they won't even send me a spare zip to try and fix myself. At least I know who not to buy from next time!
They wont have spare zips for the bag, they just buy the bags in to their colouration.
A decent leather/fabric machineist should be able to do it if they can get a zip long enough and the right strength.

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site

I was expecting it to be a motocaddy when I read your first post.
It's meant to be quite a common issue on them and I hear they offer no support. It's to the point where my local pro won't stock their bags anymore due to the amount of issues he's had with them

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I was expecting it to be a motocaddy when I read your first post.
It's meant to be quite a common issue on them and I hear they offer no support. It's to the point where my local pro won't stock their bags anymore due to the amount of issues he's had with them

Yep, maybe my expectations were too high in the fact that they might help me out a bit. Or, maybe they think I will buy a new one. Definitely won't be buying from them again.

D

Deleted member 21258

Had similar happen to my srixon bag when in Scotland last week. Think the bag is about 2 years old, really disappointing as the bag is great but one of the big zips has failed.

If you find a easy way to get it replace, post details(y)

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Had similar happen to my srixon bag when in Scotland last week. Think the bag is about 2 years old, really disappointing as the bag is great but one of the big zips has failed.

If you find a easy way to get it replace, post details(y)

Exactly the same, the bag is perfect so will see what I can do and let you know

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I know a couple of people who've had the zips on the Motocaddy Dry Series fail. I think its overpacking the pocket for what is a very fine zip has caused it to burst (although from your description I don't think this is your problem).

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I know a couple of people who've had the zips on the Motocaddy Dry Series fail. I think its overpacking the pocket for what is a very fine zip has caused it to burst (although from your description I don't think this is your problem).

This is mine, the actual metal of the zipper has broken. Pretty poor

Attachments

• IMG-20190429-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20190429-WA0003.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 22

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can you work another zip slider back on?
I have done it before on fleexes, just open the jaws slightly each side with something like a flat blade screw driver, then work the zip on. Push it to the zip fullest open position then pinch the jaws tighter each side then open and clse the zipper.
In fact I di exactly this on tuesday this week:)

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Just for info, in case anyone is interested. I bought one of these

https://www.fixnzip.com/

I bought a size medium which I think is just slightly too small but it's zipping it open and closed. There is a few alternatives about but I bought that actual one from the only UK supplier listed on their website. Should extend the life of my bag for a while until I get a new Powakaddy one 😉

paul70

Visit site
I bought a Motocaddy dry series cart bag and guess what the zip on the top compartment is broken with in 2 year I have only used the bag 72 times. I contacted Motocaddy but they could would not help in any way and would not answer any of my question I up to them. i contacted WHICH and they have told me to contact the retailer American golf I am asking for your help to push the problem has anyone else bought their dry series bag from American golf and had the same problem with the zips. Thanks for your help with this I will you all up to date on how i am getting on.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought a Motocaddy dry series cart bag and guess what the zip on the top compartment is broken with in 2 year I have only used the bag 72 times. I contacted Motocaddy but they could would not help in any way and would not answer any of my question I up to them. i contacted WHICH and they have told me to contact the retailer American golf I am asking for your help to push the problem has anyone else bought their dry series bag from American golf and had the same problem with the zips. Thanks for your help with this I will you all up to date on how i am getting on.

I had 2 dry series bags replaced due to faulty zips. Thi first one went after 6 months and was replaced. The second went after 10 months and was replaced, the third bag failed after about another 6 months. It was out of warranty. I just bought a sunmountain h2no bag and gave the motocaddy bag away.

I will never buy another motocaddy bag as they are poor quality

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I can categorically state that I never overpacked my Motocaddy dry series bag, and now all three of the front pocket zips have failed. (First bag was replaced under warranty, second one failed after about 15 months). I believe it's a combination of the way they are "welded" to the bag and the fact they have "corners". The stresses placed on them as they go round the "corner" breaks the "weld".