Golf bag waterproof covers

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I thought when I next bought a bag I would go waterproof but having spent some time looking about and reading here and elsewhere am now having second thoughts.
Small pockets, problematic zips, resistant vs. waterproof etc.
Can likely find a regular bag with the features I am looking for at price x, but to find same fully waterproof seems to be heading close to three times x.

Obviously having a waterproof bag would be far less hassle than a separate cover, but does anyone have any experience to share of the covers?

I was reflecting on how many times in recent years I've a actually needed the full waterproof and it's not many (must play well down on forum average rounds!).

Thanks

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used to have a waterproof cover for my rpevious bag, but it was a real faff fitting it then trying to get into any pockets. Was always a pain when the rain had stopped, and you wanted to put the thing away. Current bag is a waterproof one, and wouldn't return to a non waterproof one again. Mine has plenty of pockets, fits everything including a kitchen sink. It cost less than a new driver.......so I have no issues:)

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got a Stewart raincover listed in the for sale section. It's really easy to get on and off. Didn't let me down either.

When I needed a new bag I bought a waterproof one as found one cheap. That's why the cover is for sale.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
I have the same Stewart rain cover as Chellie Is selling. Very quick to put on, three pais of zips give easy access to all pockets and clubs. packs into small bag when not used. Never let me down in seven years of use..

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Another for the Stewart golf cover. By far the best out there and the zips make the whole bag accessible. However it is a slight faff (Still quite easy though) to be putting on whereas a waterproof bag you can just leave the head over on permanently and use it when needed. If you don’t want to do that a full bag cover may be best anyway as I usually find the cart bag press studs are behind the straps of the trolley and can be more of a faff to put on than a full cover.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the Big Max rain cover. Packs down small with a strap to strap it around the bag so no worries about storing it when not in use. Keeps stuff dry and has 2 zips so you can get access to the bag pockets whilst it is covering the bag

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i have a powercaddy one, and TBH, its not all that, you can't get to the zips and at best it is showere proof, so i don't tend to bother with it. been trying to get the type tour pros use which is a sort or clear plastic sleeve, but not had any luck finding one.

also had one of the cheap clear ones and the zip broke on that within a few uses

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I’ve tried a waterproof cover and it was a pain in the butt.
I’ve now got a titleist stadry bad and it’s excellent with plenty of decent sized pockets

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all.

I did have another closer look at several premium waterproof bag options, and was close to buying. But in the end fudged it when a good deal turned up on a 'water resistant ' one ?. Is my first trolley/cart bag so will see how I find it, whether I end up buying a cover, and whether I buy waterproof next time along with a better idea of what I am after.
Cheers