Golf bag help

Celticnoel

Visit site
Hi folks, new to the forum so if this is in the wrong place I apologise and feel free to move.

I'm wondering if my current stand bag can be fixed? I currently use a Callaway lightweight stand bag, but the legs don't spring out far enough now and I'm having to manually move them to let the bag stand, I like to always carry my clubs, don't like using trolleys at all. It's still a fairly new bag and in great condition otherwise. I've googled online but can't find any solution. I may end up buying a new bag but with there being nothing else wrong with my current bag if it could be fixed would much rather keep it, any help greatly appreciated, cheers ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi folks, new to the forum so if this is in the wrong place I apologise and feel free to move.

I'm wondering if my current stand bag can be fixed? I currently use a Callaway lightweight stand bag, but the legs don't spring out far enough now and I'm having to manually move them to let the bag stand, I like to always carry my clubs, don't like using trolleys at all. It's still a fairly new bag and in great condition otherwise. I've googled online but can't find any solution. I may end up buying a new bag but with there being nothing else wrong with my current bag if it could be fixed would much rather keep it, any help greatly appreciated, cheers ?

How old is the bag and where did you get it. I would think most bags will have a minimum of a one year guarantee against defects from normal wear and tear. I would start by taking it back to the point of purchase

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a Callaway bag last year, and whilst it had a similar issue, it wasn't too bad and still sprung open enough to stand up. It was just a bit annoying that the legs hung down a little when I was walking.

I found some advice online - seems it is a common problem. Mine has a plastic piece through which the metal "spring" piece goes. If you gently tap that piece upwards with a hammer, it tightens the spring and the legs should work normally. Mine did still slide down a little after a few rounds, so i wrapped some insulating tape around it, just below the plastic piece and that seems to have worked.

If you google it I found a video showing the fix, but can't find it now!

Celticnoel

Visit site
I bought a Callaway bag last year, and whilst it had a similar issue, it wasn't too bad and still sprung open enough to stand up. It was just a bit annoying that the legs hung down a little when I was walking.

I found some advice online - seems it is a common problem. Mine has a plastic piece through which the metal "spring" piece goes. If you gently tap that piece upwards with a hammer, it tightens the spring and the legs should work normally. Mine did still slide down a little after a few rounds, so i wrapped some insulating tape around it, just below the plastic piece and that seems to have worked.

If you google it I found a video showing the fix, but can't find it now!

Ahh that's good to know! Yeah it's not terrible but it's enough that sometimes the bag falls over especially if windy or on a slope, I'll try find that video then as I can't think where I would be 'tapping' cheers!

Celticnoel

Visit site
How old is the bag and where did you get it. I would think most bags will have a minimum of a one year guarantee against defects from normal wear and tear. I would start by taking it back to the point of purchase

Hey, sorry I was a bit misleading by saying fairly new it's about 3 years old but it's still in really good condition as I haven't played much golf since buying it!

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry, don't know why I said mine was a Callaway bag - its actually a Titleist!! But I think they all have similar tensioners. I have read online that Ogio bag tension can be adjusted in the same way, so I suspect Callaway will be the same .

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a similar problem with a Mizuno bag, but when I looked at the mechanism at the base, two parts of it had come apart slightly. I zip-tied them together and it worked fine again after. (Hard to describe, but I could send a photo at some point when I'm at home.) No idea if it's the same for your bag but it might be a similar thing. Look closely at the mechanism and see if any parts have become a bit disjointed.