Stand problems

Celticnoel

Visit site
Hi, I've had my Callaway stand bag a few years now but I've always kept it in great condition only problem I have now is the legs seem to have twisted and it doesn't stand now! I've asked my fellow golf mates but they're clueless as I am if it can be fixed? I've attached a pic any help greatly appreciated I don't want to buy a new bag of it can be sorted, cheers!

Attachments

• IMG-20221201-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20221201-WA0004.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 63

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll buy one no problems but I like this bag, if the legs can't be fixed it's fine but surely there's a fairly easy solution I'm no getting? Lol
I'm no engineer but it seems like the whole structure of the bag might have curved in on itself to change the angle of the legs like that? I've fixed bags in the past with zip ties and gaffa tape, but I'm not sure that's viable with this.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
That slider clip looks very high up the thin black spindles and maybe even warped. If you try tapping that down the spindles it might do something to help? Or you'll snap it and then it's a new bag on the Christmas list! ?

D

Deleted member 23270

Silly question but do the legs still extend out into the correct position? If yes, what's the problem?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks to me like there is to much travel in the spring loaded mechanism.
Has anything become detached in the foot on the bottom of the bag.
If it’s not still attached at the bottom the legs fold like this as it travels to much .
Easily fixed if you can see it.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
As long as it stands then looks to be a none issue but I’ve seen this years ago. You may be missing a clip somewhere that prevents it. you might find some images to cross reference online.

p.s. Well done in making a callaway bag last so long.

Celticnoel

Visit site
That slider clip looks very high up the thin black spindles and maybe even warped. If you try tapping that down the spindles it might do something to help? Or you'll snap it and then it's a new bag on the Christmas list! ?

Spot on mate! Got it sorted as a friend of a friend noticed straight away the slider had risen! To answer other questions no the bag didn't stand at all as the legs wouldn't 'spring' open! A quick tap down with a hammer and it's good as new now easy solution to what could have been an expensive problem! I'm fussy when it comes to golf gear and I couldn't find a bag that suited, sorted tho ?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Spot on mate! Got it sorted as a friend of a friend noticed straight away the slider had risen! To answer other questions no the bag didn't stand at all as the legs wouldn't 'spring' open! A quick tap down with a hammer and it's good as new now easy solution to what could have been an expensive problem! I'm fussy when it comes to golf gear and I couldn't find a bag that suited, sorted tho ?
Glad to have been of some help, for once! ?