Golf and glasses......

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Long time glasses wearer who switched to contact lenses for golf for two reasons...

1) Rain
2) Use of non prescription sun glasses

Playing golf in the rain wearing glasses is awful

I have a problem with one eye mainly. The optician suggested I try a single contact lens in that one eye. It took me until the 12th green to realise that every single putt looked to have left to right break - end of that trial.

Ditto to the comment about glasses in the rain.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a problem with one eye mainly. The optician suggested I try a single contact lens in that one eye. It took me until the 12th green to realise that every single putt looked to have left to right break - end of that trial.

Ditto to the comment about glasses in the rain.
Perfect candidate for a monocle.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I wear 2 different strength contact lenses. Dominant eye for distance, weaker eye for close/reading scorecard! Its called mono-vision...the brain works out the disparity. Worth a thought
I tried this yesterday evening after a visit to the optician yesterday when she suggested it. I wore my normal 'distance' contact lens in my dominant eye, and no lens at all in my weaker eye (she's going to sort a lens for reading for that eye to try out). Bizarrely it's not at all bad. I had to stop myself closing my dominant eye - as I'm then half blind - but needed to let the brain get used to it. And it did - the brain sorts it out. Obviously not going to be perfect given my weaker eye is very short-sighted - but yes - OK. I did, however, struggle to pick up shots hit by myself and my buddies. Maybe that improves as the brain more and more ignores my weaker eye.

I didn't realise...and of course clearly as there are a few here doing it - it's not unusual...:)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried this yesterday evening after a visit to the optician yesterday when she suggested it. I wore my normal 'distance' contact lens in my dominant eye, and no lens at all in my weaker eye (she's going to sort a lens for reading for that eye to try out). Bizarrely it's not at all bad. I had to stop myself closing my dominant eye - as I'm then half blind - but needed to let the brain get used to it. And it did - the brain sorts it out. Obviously not going to be perfect given my weaker eye is very short-sighted - but yes - OK. I did, however, struggle to pick up shots hit by myself and my buddies. Maybe that improves as the brain more and more ignores my weaker eye.

I didn't realise...and of course clearly as there are a few here doing it - it's not unusual...:)
I wear reading glasses ,I put them on once not noticing one lens had fallen out.
I thought I was having a stroke or something it was awful.
That must take some getting used to.