golf abroad

intherough

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got to organise my brothers stag do for next year, and seeing as we are all taking 3 days to get over a night out we can't handle 4 days on the lash anymore.
We've decided to have a golfing break abroad. I haven't even started looking around yet so please don't all tell me to look at the back of the mags, but can anyone suggest soem good locations? Obvoisly the price is very important. I'm thinking of somewhere like Turkey, Bulgaria, Tunisia and Croatia supposed to be good. Any just because it's a golf break the night life's still got to be good.

Any suggestions fella's?

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
Mono did you not post a similar post sometime in the middle of last week and someone recommended belek to you and you said you were going to book it, with the amount of daft posts you put up surely you would have mentioned that you had already been and played there :eek:
http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk//showfl...true#Post102582
Sorry to hijack the thread, I have only been lucky enough to play abroad once and that was a few years back so cant help, sorry again

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've just booked flights to Spain in August to play on the Costa Del Sol (and by "just" - I mean within the last 3 minutes!)

We are staying at a friends place, and intend to play three rounds for not more than £150 (including buggies). The flights for my mates were £140 return from Gatwick to Malaga (and BA transport your clubs for free) - I have to pay £210 from Manchester, but I suppose the poor sods who live down south need some incentive....!

Having looked on villaparade.com the other week, you can pick up a villa for 10-12 people for less than £100 a head -obviously you are looking at a cool £4-500 a head for the trip at least, but it seems the days of cheap flights are now gone for good. Nonetheless, I consider my 4 days away with the lads to be worth a week sat on a sunlounger watching the missus burn, and I could easily pay double for the privilege (plus the same again for her as well!), so I'm willing to splurge the cash.

Must also add - this is in the middle of the school holidays, I have no doubt you can do cheaper at a different time of the year.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you've got to keep away from the euro ,Spain and Portugal are getting expensive for what you get, went to Spain a few years ago and one course had double booked us but told us we could play else where, after speaking to other people this happens alot.
I personally have never fancied Turkey ( watched Midnight Express ) but guys from the pub i drink in go every year and rave about it,quality courses and well looked after without getting ripped of, hope this helps

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Correct ,good shout , am going there my self in June for a week playing Portstewart, Ballycastle,Castlerock and the Valley course at Royal Portrush all for £180 for my golf, possibly playing the Ballyliffin open on the Friday for 30 euro. Good beer , food and good craic top class courses and not to expensive

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wouldn't recommend Tunisia. Played 2 years ago and course was s***e. Also clubs available to hire were nothing short of what I'd expect to find snapped in half lying in a scrappie's yard.

Local folk were arrogant and cheeky also and weather was too damn hot. Ideal for sunbathing and drinking but not golf.

Andy

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Stay in Girona Spain and play the likes of PGA Cataluyna and Emporda Forest,cheapish golf for the quality of the courses and a great city that is also fairly cheap to eat and drink in.

Visit site
I have booked a stag do in Portugal in 3 weeks time. For £400 we have flights, car hire, 4 nights stay in a 4 star hotel in Albuferia and 3 rounds of golf at Morgado and Alamos, which I am told that although new courses they are still a decent test of golf. I don't think this is bad value, everything was booked with Direct Golf.

Anybody played Morgado/Alamos recently ?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
played Morgado 2 years ago and it is well worth playing espec for the price as it is cheap compared to the rest.Alamos was nearly finished and looked good too.Nice as it is secluded with no Villa construction or at least wasn't when I played!