GoKart Auctioned at H4H - Hankley Common GC

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Those who have attended this auction will be quite familiar with this scenario!!!
As a GoKart user for the past 5 years I thought the £275 auction bid was too cheap so raised my hand to ask if it was with Lithium Battery (£200 in its self) & immediately had Mark sell it to me for £300. :eek:oo:
It seemed churlish, at that moment, to deny I'd bid....haha... :confused:
So if the £275 bidder, or anyone else for that matter, would like to take it for £275 I'm happy to put in the additional £25 for the good cause...... in fact the £300 is already paid. (Look.... I just live in Yorkshire, not from there!!)
If down South it will be delivered by the very nice & generous, GoKart Owner, Sandy ...... & if further afield by courier for free!!!
So who was it seeking a very cheap, very efficient trolley??.......

I guess I should add that I still don't know if its a Lithium battery or how much it maybe to upgrade but I must say that Lithium is the way to go..... mines a 5 year old, 18-holer & still does 36 holes with minimal economies.

Am currently keeping well clear of all auctions!!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Orange please, and I must add that it's only if it's the lithium version as I have the lead acid one currently, thanks.

Guys, Personally I don't think it's a lithium battery, in the past they have always been a standard acid battery, but I'll come back and confirm the spec as soon as I can.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guys, Personally I don't think it's a lithium battery, in the past they have always been a standard acid battery, but I'll come back and confirm the spec as soon as I can.

Robin, I've messaged Sandy but she's pretty busy in Ireland & in any case she may prefer to go through you guys. In any case if it is lead-acid then she may be able to give us a cost of up-grading to Lithium..... Haha... all good fun eh?

D

Deleted member 17920

Oh dear Dave, see this is what happens when you go out on your own :D

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Robin, I've messaged Sandy but she's pretty busy in Ireland & in any case she may prefer to go through you guys. In any case if it is lead-acid then she may be able to give us a cost of up-grading to Lithium..... Haha... all good fun eh?

I'm pretty confident that it's a std acid battery and it's the automatic as the value we had was £299 which Mark the auctioneer made reference to for Scott saying to back off and buy online for £299 whereas with a Lithium we'd have had a value of £379.00.

GoKart show an upgrade for £80 but we'll have to speak to Sandy when she returns from Ireland if that option is available.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty confident that it's a std acid battery and it's the automatic as the value we had was £299 which Mark the auctioneer made reference to for Scott saying to back off and buy online for £299 whereas with a Lithium we'd have had a value of £379.00.

GoKart show an upgrade for £80 but we'll have to speak to Sandy when she returns from Ireland if that option is available.

Haha... oh, yes there's no question its my mistake, having not been tuned into the preamble I just heard the £275 bid & thought that rather low... as I've said i'm happy for that bidder to take it at that price & the additional £25 goes as a gift from me to H4H. Its already paid anyway ........ & lesson learnt :confused:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Dave, Scott from Battle Back wanted the GoKart and you outbid him. Will you sell it to him for £275 ? If so problem solved . It is not a lithium battery one. Standard automatic. I will settle with you, and then deal with Scott if ok with you. Rich

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dave, Scott from Battle Back wanted the GoKart and you outbid him. Will you sell it to him for £275 ? If so problem solved . It is not a lithium battery one. Standard automatic. I will settle with you, and then deal with Scott if ok with you. Rich

Haha... Ruddy hell... is that who I nicked it off.... disgraceful. Must pay more attention next time!! :whistle:

Yes happy for Scott to have it at £275...no probs, matey..... great job done by the way... as always :thup:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Haha... Ruddy hell... is that who I nicked it off.... disgraceful. Must pay more attention next time!! :whistle:

Yes happy for Scott to have it at £275...no probs, matey..... great job done by the way... as always :thup:

Cheers Dave. I know your heart was in the right place.:thup:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Bearing in mind what Scott gave for us, & that Dave is prepared to give up the £25, I'll do the same £25 if we can find 10 other forummers then between the 12 of us Scott will get a free trolley; who's up for it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Bearing in mind what Scott gave for us, & that Dave is prepared to give up the £25, I'll do the same £25 if we can find 10 other forummers then between the 12 of us Scott will get a free trolley; who's up for it?

Great gesture Rich, I'll make a donation.