GoKart Auctioned at H4H - Hankley Common GC

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Great gesture Rich, I'll make a donation.

Thanks guys; I think we need to make the donations to Dave Williams as I understand he's already paid for the trolley and Scott was going to give him the £275 to him, so we need to make our payments to Dave, not H4H, if I've got it right? Dave/Richart, can you confirm?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys; I think we need to make the donations to Dave Williams as I understand he's already paid for the trolley and Scott was going to give him the £275 to him, so we need to make our payments to Dave, not H4H, if I've got it right? Dave/Richart, can you confirm?
Ooooh.... don't ask me anything!!!!
Help Richard!!!
Great idea BiM & very quick & generous responses from several already.
I'll leave for Richard to clarify on where the monies need to go as he was going to pay me & I don't know where we are with that.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Ooooh.... don't ask me anything!!!!
Help Richard!!!
Great idea BiM & very quick & generous responses from several already.
I'll leave for Richard to clarify on where the monies need to go as he was going to pay me & I don't know where we are with that.

Dave,

You bid £300 for the Go-Kart & have paid, correct? And you were prepared to let Scott have it for the £275 that he bid before you nicked it, yes?

If that's correct then if we find 11 forummers prepared to give £25 each to you, then 12 forummers (you & 11 others) have covered the £300 auction cost at £25 each & Scott gets the trolley free. Looks like we've got 4 of the 11 we need already to make it work, so let's see if we can find the other 7.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dave,

You bid £300 for the Go-Kart & have paid, correct? And you were prepared to let Scott have it for the £275 that he bid before you nicked it, yes?

If that's correct then if we find 11 forummers prepared to give £25 each to you, then 12 forummers (you & 11 others) have covered the £300 auction cost at £25 each & Scott gets the trolley free. Looks like we've got 4 of the 11 we need already to make it work, so let's see if we can find the other 7.

This is all correct BiM but Richart has my Bank details & was going to pay me... however you lot paying me would also work... I'd best let Richart decide the best approach... in the meanwhile......
RAISING £275 for 'Battle-Back' Scott's GoKart Trolley
1. 2Blue - £25
2. BiM - £25
3. Imurg - £25
4. StuC - £25
5. Pauldj42 - £25

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Dave, as you've paid the £300, we need to raise £300 with you as one of the contributors, amended it for you.

Anyone else cut & paste the list, add your pledge and we'll get Dave's bank details via PM to pay him

Mods, is it worth moving this to the lounge to gain a wider audience?

RAISING £300 for 'Battle-Back' Scott's GoKart Trolley
1. 2Blue - £25
2. BiM - £25
3. Imurg - £25
4. StuC - £25
5. Pauldj42 - £25

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
This is all correct BiM but Richart has my Bank details & was going to pay me... however you lot paying me would also work... I'd best let Richart decide the best approach... in the meanwhile......
1. 2Blue - £25
2. BiM - £25
3. Imurg - £25
4. StuC - £25
5. Pauldj42 - £25

Scott is not going to have to pay for the GoKart guys.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
1. 2Blue - £25
2. BiM - £25
3. Imurg - £25
4. StuC - £25
5. Pauldj42 - £25
6. Crow - £25 (If you can accept cheque or PayPal Dave?)

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1. 2Blue - £25
2. BiM - £25
3. Imurg - £25
4. StuC - £25
5. Pauldj42 - £25
7. Anotherdouble- £25

Blue in Munich

Visit site
1. 2Blue - £25
2. BiM - £25
3. Imurg - £25
4. StuC - £25
5. Pauldj42 - £25
7. Anotherdouble- £25

Chaps,

Apparently we have been beaten to it and an anonymous benefactor has made an offer via Richart to take care of Scott so we don't need to chip in on this occasion; Richart was just making the arrangements in such a manner that it appeared that Scott was buying it to protect the benefactor's anonymity.

Thank you all for your generous offers of support but it's all in hand and as the offer has been made anonymously can I ask that we respect the benefactor's privacy? :thup:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Scott is not going to have to pay for the GoKart guys.

Chaps,

Apparently we have been beaten to it and an anonymous benefactor has made an offer via Richart to take care of Scott so we don't need to chip in on this occasion; Richart was just making the arrangements in such a manner that it appeared that Scott was buying it to protect the benefactor's anonymity.

Thank you all for your generous offers of support but it's all in hand and as the offer has been made anonymously can I ask that we respect the benefactor's privacy? :thup:

I thought as much.👍
However you guys & the donor have just demonstrated the amazing generosity generated by this Event/cause/forum ... take a bow fellas. 👏👏👏

D

Deleted member 1740

Whoever the mystery person is, what a fantastic gesture that is.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Really appreciate all the support guys. Seem to get something in my eye whilst reading the thread.;) Apologies for confusion, but the result is the correct one.:thup:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really appreciate all the support guys. Seem to get something in my eye whilst reading the thread.;) Apologies for confusion, but the result is the correct one.:thup:
Amazing how so much 'good' can sometimes come out of a 'right-cock-up'.
Thanks Richart & everyone for the help sorting it.....& please remember there's no need to mention this again... ever!! :confused::D:rofl::rofl:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Amazing how so much 'good' can sometimes come out of a 'right-cock-up'.
Thanks Richart & everyone for the help sorting it.....& please remember there's no need to mention this again... ever!! :confused::D:rofl::rofl:
PM sent Dave. Next year you sit on your hands !!;)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
What a great place this forum is.

Superb gesture , big respect to whoever sorted Scott out

I was getting ready to put my hand in my pocket to contribute to the cause, so im going to do so anyway

Another £25 heading to H4H coffers :whoo:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a great place this forum is.

Superb gesture , big respect to whoever sorted Scott out

I was getting ready to put my hand in my pocket to contribute to the cause, so im going to do so anyway

Another £25 heading to H4H coffers :whoo:

Here, here to that ^^^^^ Phil!
I've noticed it grow in stature during the relatively short time I've been involved.... it's certainly where I most enjoy playing my golf ...... which is not understood by the other members at my Home Club..... but there you go😳
PS. Perhaps Phil's £25 could go to getting a GoKart umbrella holder or Rain-cover for Scotts Trolley??

Last edited: