Goals For 2023

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Have you listened to any of the podcasts the author does with Adam Young, The Sweet Spot? Lots of excellent episodes on there.

Hoping to practice a bit more this year, work has been a bit manic for a while so the practice has been completely curtailed.
I find his podcasts a bit dull to be honest but they are a car media type for me. I do have his book to dust down this year though. Definitely more practice for me. As much as I play in the summer, I’m missing more and more recovery shots these days.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Goal is to consolidate my handicap at 14.0 or thereabouts, and then hopefully get a bit lower. Came down by 8 shots during the year (after 25 years of no real change) so its going to be a bit of a challenge. My best ever differential (8.1) is about to drop off soon which will have a big effect, and I'm generally playing to 15/16 at the mo' . So if I can end the year somewhere near 14 I'll be pleased.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
My main goal is 0. Something from 1.8
Win my clubs Senior champs defending my title
Win the Terry Mockeridge doubles defending our title
Win the Avalon senior league which is a bit more serious than the friendlies.
Enter some Senior scratch comps locally,maybe the Somerset Union ones.
Could play for the Somerset Senior team but not sure if I’m committed enough to that format.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
At this precise moment as the rain continues to teem down; with the course and practice ground closed, and with the weather forecast for next week not looking that great - I’d rather like to hit a golf ball again.

And once I get going it would be nice to make a decent fist of holding on to the Winter Singles K/O Cup that I won last year. Next round giving ten shots. He’s a decent player so will have to be on my game…but that’s how it often is when giving a bundle.

Last edited: