Goals For 2023

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I start every year thinking how nice it would be to have a regular shot shape with my driver. So that I could happily aim down one side of the fairway or the other with the reasonable expectation that it would either hold its course or bleed gently towards the middle of the short stuff.
But never seem to manage it.
This year though.... still yet to decide on whether to fade or draw.
I like this one. A sound ambition and one a pro I've used is a big fan of. Sadly I can only really achieve it during the lesson, it disappears on the course. Memo to self, practice this year...........

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You might have to fill in the info here
How do you manage to score in the 70's losing one (or more) balls every round
I was thinking this as well... Maybe it's a very short course?
Or maybe he strikes his wedges so pure that all the dimples are rubbed off by the 15th hole? Needs to work on taking a little spin off...

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I like this one. A sound ambition and one a pro I've used is a big fan of. Sadly I can only really achieve it during the lesson, it disappears on the course. Memo to self, practice this year...........
Yep. I think that it would allow other nice things (lower h/c, play away courses better etc etc) to happen of their own accord.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
None.

Happy as I am. Enjoying my golf as much as ever - maybe more than before due to the bonus rounds with the old bats.

Really not too bothered if the HI goes up or down. Always try my best every round. Never learned any other way.

Sorry if this all sounds rather smug, but it does avoid the anguish of not achieving said goals.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not worry about handicap any more. It is what it is (it's on the rise). Smash the ball with gay abandon all over the course till it goes into the hole. Try and sort out this years Opens to play.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've always been more of a flop shot person.....when it's good, it's awesome. When it's bad....well.... I'm almost afraid to hit short chips, so the attitude doesn't help. The bump and run is the one I need to really improve.
Oh I can hit a good recovery flop over a bunker or such like...but just a bit too risky for a straightforward pitch/chip on.

I'll add one my pro has for me...get it round in level par. Perfectly capable but never done it..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm at 13.7, I reckon I could get down to 11 or even 10, but single figure might be too much of a stretch.

Mostly though, with a baby on the way end of Jan, I'll just be happy enough if I can still play by the springtime. I'm hopeful of still being able to play at least 3 times a month to keep my membership somewhat worthwhile.

This year I did a first golf trip away with mates so another goal is to get another one in the diary and make that a yearly thing going forward. And hopefully go to at least two forum meets.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
To play a whole calendar year without missing weeks due to illness or injury, as I did in both 2021 and again this year.

To play lots of new courses - I managed a lot of new venues this year, home and abroad, before a late year injury scuppered the last six weeks.

The handicap will take care of itself. Been back in single figures for most of the last six months, and currently at my lowest for several years. And I really do feel there are a few shots still to come off my HI.

Most of all, to enjoy it. That’s what we play for, surely.

Jason.H

Visit site
I've been finding it tough to come up with golf goals for next year as I achieved all my longstanding goals over the last couple of years but am looking at ideas like this

5+ competition rounds under par
Break 70 at least once in a comp
Have a bogey-free round
No competition rounds in the 80s
Get plus handicap

Pretty tough collection - achieving any one of those would be a win! :ROFLMAO:

My goals are the same. 4.3 at the moment. No doubt I’ll enjoy the challenge. ?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I start every year thinking how nice it would be to have a regular shot shape with my driver. So that I could happily aim down one side of the fairway or the other with the reasonable expectation that it would either hold its course or bleed gently towards the middle of the short stuff.
But never seem to manage it.
This year though.... still yet to decide on whether to fade or draw.
Yes, I like this one also. It has been a long time goal of mine. For years my shot shape was left to right and then after much work I turned it into a draw, for about two months, and ever since then it has been all over the place. I'd kill to get a consistent fade.

Another long time goal which will apply equally this year is to play at least 3 new course. I have generally managed this, only missing out once or twice.

Smoj

Visit site
You might have to fill in the info here
How do you manage to score in the 70's losing one (or more) balls every round

I just checked my records and 79 was my PB not 74. my bad
This was a ultra casual round on my own, i was having a great day until then so I took a muligan off the tee on the 15th and didnt lose the 2nd ball, and that was the only time i broke 80, and my best ever round to date
I have been stuck in a mid to low 90's rutt ever since :cool:
and when I lose balls its always off the tee, my casual golfing group allows 1 mulligan off the tee, so I make full use of that

Last edited:

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My goal is to play 18 holes walking, which I last managed in 2020. I had a total knee replacement in May, the 2nd one has just been postponed due to lack of available beds. Until it's done and I have rehabilitated it, I won't be playing. My handicap has doubled in the last 3 years (now 16.4), but improving it is secondary to being able to get round on two feet. Golf is a walking game.

babylonsinger

Visit site
Played lots during the last 18 months whilst being on a career break - hope to keep that going even when I return to employment somewhere.
Play as many new courses as possible (have a few local-ish ones on the list to play at some point this year)
Would also like to break 80 (current best round is 85) but I think more realistic will be simply to beat my best or at least regularly match it
Need to lose some weight and improve my general fitness levels also which will hopefully help my flexibility and therefore aid my swing (very short backswing currently)

I'd like a hole in one aswell but know a good few still waiting despite playing for far longer than me (is it too much to want to be able to see it happen aswell? :ROFLMAO:)