Go Kart Owners

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
I had this issue a while back, if I recall correctly the Torberry connector from the battery (that sits in the Gokart battery handle) was damaged and wasn't quite lining up with the connector on the tolley. It was quite simple to obtain parts and replace them.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never had a problem with that. I find taking the battery off a slightly tricky and clumsy operation but putting it on is pretty straightforward. Something isn't quite right from the sound of it.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife has Go-Kart loves it and has no problem with the battery. But I can't get the damn thing to click home. Eventually I just belt it. Then she belts me.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Sometimes the strap that holds the battery in place can come a bit loose and it can cause the battery unit to snag when you try to push it in.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I had this issue a while back, if I recall correctly the Torberry connector from the battery (that sits in the Gokart battery handle) was damaged and wasn't quite lining up with the connector on the tolley. It was quite simple to obtain parts and replace them.
Same here. I replaced the Torberry connection on my battery holder with some I bought off ebay. It doesn't cost much and solved the problem.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife was supposed to be playing this morning so yesterday after I posted she decided that I should learn to set op the gokart before putting it in her car.
After two goes I got it. Easy peasy now!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Hang on, looked on e bay. Everythin g is there init? I've got mangled ones on the kart. How do I replace?
You can get them with the leads off ebay. Then it's just a question of taking the old leads off the battery, removing the torberry fitting from it's holding slot (slides out) and then putting the new leads on the battery and sliding the torberry into the slot. Or you can buy the standard torberry fittings which usually have a crimp fitting on the end, snipping off the old fittings from the wire and crimping the new ones on.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah but it's like turning up on the fist tee with a Skoda/Lada when everyone else has an Audi or worst case a Vauxhall..

#worstlookingtrolleythereis

My trolley has never played a shot on the course for me in 30 years so I'm guessing brand doesn't matter full stop.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can get them with the leads off ebay. Then it's just a question of taking the old leads off the battery, removing the torberry fitting from it's holding slot (slides out) and then putting the new leads on the battery and sliding the torberry into the slot. Or you can buy the standard torberry fittings which usually have a crimp fitting on the end, snipping off the old fittings from the wire and crimping the new ones on.

Ahhh, er no,er it's the ones on the Go Kart that are knac.....er damaged.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Give them a call. They are so helpful. I had an issue with a difficult battery holder insertion (ooh matron!!) and dodgy connection that they correctly diagnosed over the phone as a cracked Torberry on the battery holder. Replacement part received 2 days later - well the conversation was late afternoon.

They even sent instructions on how to fit it.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My battery is now 6 years old & still does 18 holes with no problem.
As I have a very heavy bag the trolley frame does flex quite a bit as you maneuver it around the course & this has often caused poor connections between battery & trolley with consequent sparking & the need to replace the terminals on both battery & trolley...... not difficult & supplied for free by GoKart.
A great trolley which I'm looking to replace with their Mark 2 where the flexing problem has been addressed as the battery no longer locks the folding parts together.
Great company.... fantastic service.