Go Kart Owners

Kjb58

Visit site
Has anyone had problems with the battery not lasting for long. I have had mine for 6 months and it is starting to struggle around the 16th hole onwards?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with the battery not lasting for long. I have had mine for 6 months and it is starting to struggle around the 16th hole onwards?
Have never heard of that kind of a problem before. My 18 hole lithium at 6 years old would still manage 27 holes. I'm sure GoKart will address your problem.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife's has an intermittent problem. Just stops and starts randomly. They said it is almost certainly a bent connector that I should be able to sort out. If not they will arrange to collect and repair. She's out on the course just now so will check when she gets back. But other than that, no issues in 6ish years

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
My wife's has an intermittent problem. Just stops and starts randomly. They said it is almost certainly a bent connector that I should be able to sort out. If not they will arrange to collect and repair. She's out on the course just now so will check when she gets back. But other than that, no issues in 6ish years
Check the electrical connections where the battery fits into the trolley. These can wear but are easily replaced.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Check the electrical connections where the battery fits into the trolley. These can wear but are easily replaced.
Yeah... exactly! During the 6 years I had my Mark 1 trolly I replaced these connectors 3 or 4 times as my heavy winter Golf bag caused flexing between the two parts of the trolly clamped by the battery (a problem now solved in the Mark 2 version) & this flexing encouraged 'sparking' to develop between the terminals with resulting melting & poor contact, becoming first noticeable as an intermittent fault.
As a temporary solution you can use a fine tool to re-flex the contact surfaces so they meet better whilst you await GoKart sending you the necessary replacements & instructions for self-fitting (not a difficult task)
In June I invested in their much improved Mark 2 trolley & easily sold my Mark 1 on ebay for £140 whilst the 18 hole lithium battery was still doing 27 holes.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah... exactly! During the 6 years I had my Mark 1 trolly I replaced these connectors 3 or 4 times as my heavy winter Golf bag caused flexing between the two parts of the trolly clamped by the battery (a problem now solved in the Mark 2 version) & this flexing encouraged 'sparking' to develop between the terminals with resulting melting & poor contact, becoming first noticeable as an intermittent fault.
As a temporary solution you can use a fine tool to re-flex the contact surfaces so they meet better whilst you await GoKart sending you the necessary replacements & instructions for self-fitting (not a difficult task)
In June I invested in their much improved Mark 2 trolley & easily sold my Mark 1 on ebay for £140 whilst the 18 hole lithium battery was still doing 27 holes.
Very useful, thanks. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not a GoKart battery, but I couldn’t think of where else to put it. Last week I dropped my Motocaddy lithium battery from a garage shelf ... it fell six feet onto a concrete floor and cracked the case. However, it still works! I have charged and used it twice since then. I guess it might have shortened its life but, nevertheless, how fortunate was that!

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

My original 18 hole battery from GK did this on 11 months, they replaced under warranty and the replacement will still do 36 holes 5 years later. If you haven't already, call or email them.