GMNWOOM (flatcappers) Lee Park finals day Sat 7th ## other forummers welcome ##

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Congratulations again Gary:thup:
It all went down to the last green and Graham was unlucky after also having a good round. There should be some good photos coming through shortly.
LBs homemade trophy was superb and I think Gary I now celebrating his win in an oversized T shirt.

Thanks again Peter and Scott. It started out as a great idea and snowballed into a great Event Superbly organised by you Both, much appreciated and enjoyed by your fellow Flatcappers.

Thanks fellas.

:clap::clap::clap:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what a day. I wasn't nervous until I had the driver in my hand for the first shot. the nerves didn't settle all day.

managed to play some good golf front 9 to get to the turn at 1 over. like a true arsenal fan, I s**t myself back nine and it was nip and tuck between me and graham till the last putt.

awesome day from start to finish.

big thanks to Liverbogey ;) Birchy and all the captains! you guys made the whole thing what it was. :thup:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good work!

Congrats Gary, in the country 5 minutes and taking the cash, can't trust these Irish I tell you! :cheers:

:

I had the luck of the Irish today. slightly pulled my 7i approach to the 9th, clipped the trees on the left, made its way up the green and sat down off just off the green. rolled in the putt. typical Irish manoeuvre :eek:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had the luck of the Irish today. slightly pulled my 7i approach to the 9th, clipped the trees on the left, made its way up the green and sat down off just off the green. rolled in the putt. typical Irish manoeuvre :eek:

Better to be lucky than good mate :thup: Just aswell or I'd be off 28 :whoo:

Congrats again on the win, some steady players you've beaten, aswell as Bandito Birchy which is an achievement in itself!!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well done Gary. The eagle eyed among you all will remember that I picked Gary as the winner some time ago....:)

Well done Scott. Didn't think you had it in you to break 30 today ;). Proved me wrong...

Well done everyone else for making it a great year.. Even though I couldn't play, I still enjoyed following it..:thup:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
thanks for having some faith in me danny :thup: I wasn't sure it was in there myself.

the only shame for me was not being able to see the ones in front play. the front 9 I enjoyed, the back 9 I endured. I was all over the place.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would just like to say thanks to everyone who played in this at some point, its the people who made this what it was. Been fantastic playing all the games over the season with people.

The final day was awesome and a lot of fun to play in.

Can i just say a special thanks to Peter. It was his great idea that kicked all this off and his hard work has put the framework in place for this to carry on for a long long time. The git choked me up a bit when he thanked me in front of everyone and anything that i had in mind to say just went west :D I will get him back for that :thup:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can i just say a special thanks to Peter. It was his great idea that kicked all this off and his hard work has put the framework in place for this to carry on for a long long time. The git choked me up a bit when he thanked me in front of everyone and anything that i had in mind to say just went west :D I will get him back for that :thup:

Great big bloody girls blouse... Man up fella.........:thup:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just checked the OOM scores, and the big question is, how did Podge not manage to win this years comp? All he needed was a good home course score and the title was his. All the players above him have scored to H/C on the away courses, but scored well at home. Podge mate, what happened. Just imagine the fun you could have had at Scousers expense if you'd just played to H/C at home!!!!

thepodgster

Head Pro
Visit site
Mr Wolf, one of those things. Must have used all my golfing prowess on Thursday, but had plenty of fun along the way. Big thanks to Birchy, Pete and all the skippers who made the whole event possible.

I'm probably like most on here and looking forward to more of the same in the not to distant future

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mr Wolf, one of those things. Must have used all my golfing prowess on Thursday, but had plenty of fun along the way. Big thanks to Birchy, Pete and all the skippers who made the whole event possible.

I'm probably like most on here and looking forward to more of the same in the not to distant future

Some great scores on other courses though mate. Might install you as a bit of a dark horse favourite for the Ale Trail Trophy.. Might be worth a pound or 2...:D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great big bloody girls blouse... Man up fella.........:thup:

I gave him a bottle of Brandy, for all the help he's given me - I thought he needed it to calm his nerves.

Off to the cricket tomorrow, so to bed now. I'll catch you all tomorrow, and probably do a long boring post......as normal.

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well done Gary you played some great golf on the front 9 thanks for you company as well louise and stev, also well done to Peter and Scott for getting GMNWOOM of the ground.
Apologies for having to leave early due to other commitments.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks all for a great Summer, really enjoyed all the games. Special thanks to Pete and Birchy for leading the charge and getting this off the ground.

Well played Gary, a deserved winner and hard luck to Graham who also played superbly. Going to the last putt was certainly a fitting finally !!!! Here's some pics, light wasnt great and the flash was playing up a bit, but hopefully you can see the trophy clear enough !!!

Ps. Danny, mines a pint of Laphroaig :lol::lol:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Well done Gary, some good scores there pal,

Sorry to all the captain's for not attending any games but work and kids have interrupted my golf quite a bit this year.

How many balls did Ian put in his pond on 12 yesterday?

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done Gary, some good scores there pal,

Sorry to all the captain's for not attending any games but work and kids have interrupted my golf quite a bit this year.

How many balls did Ian put in his pond on 12 yesterday?

Oh Stu u knob.... A ball did go in the pond.... U clever boy

But it wasn't from my group......

Let the fun begin!

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Great day yesterday,on and off the course.
A fitting way for the comp to end too!
Looking forward to getting together for a few knocks over the winter and doing all this again next year.
Well done Gary and thanks to Scott and Pete for getting this off the ground - think it'll run for a while yet.