GM Top 100 courses

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Good to see West Hill has moved up the rankings, and Parkstone has got in the top 100. No place for Broadstone though the best course in Dorset.

By next April I will have played 33 of the courses, so need to get some more booked in.

Trumps new course straight in at 14.:eek:oo:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought it was quite interesting looking at the costs.
It looks like some of these top courses can be played for £50.
Was watching a Mark crossfield vlog today where they played Turnbery-Alisa and Tunbery
Kintyre with overnight stay and extras for £180.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
My favourite course Moortown is up 8 places to 60th and should be higher IMO

I liked the description of the 10th Gibraltar, the signature hole. Not sure if I mentioned that is where I shot my one and only hole in 1 :whistle: Easy hole......

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I tried to look, but its not very tablet friendly. It's all pretty subjective anyway.

where does liphook figure?
Gone up one to 70. Can't get many points for 'experience'. I have never had a decent welcome, though they have locked up the Clubhouse at 7.00 in the middle of summer, with my gear inside.:(

Royal North Devon up three places.:thup:

Last edited:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Gone up one to 70. Can't get many points for 'experience'. I have never had a decent welcome, though they have locked up the Clubhouse at 7.00 in the middle of summer, with my gear inside.:(

Royal North Devon up three places.:thup:

This maybe a silly question bearing in mind your techno phobia but can you post the link?

All I can get is the home page with the 'highlights'

Re the welcome at liphook, they were very pleasant when you weren't there. I'm sure there's no connection:eek:

I like RND, especially the old man smell in the changing rooms, that and royal porthcawl are my favourite clubhouses.

Edit, found it now, your blushes are spared

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
This maybe a silly question bearing in mind your techno phobia but can you post the link?

Re the welcome at liphook, they were very pleasant when you weren't there. I'm sure there's no connection:eek:

I like RND, especially the old man smell in the changing rooms, that and royal porthcawl are my favourite clubhouses.
Send you a link.:rofl:

Mariners have dropped Liphook for next year for being stuffy, so not just me.:ears: Going to Effingham instead, which I haven't played, but have heard good things.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Top 100 release and a thread up already. I'll start the following,

Wallasey should be in the top 10
Machrihanish should be in the top 10
Royal Aberdeen should be in the top 5
Gleneagles PGA shouldn't feature

I'm off for popcorn :rofl:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Too late.:eek:

D

Deleted member 15344

Post the link please mate :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Some interesting changes. Wentworth West down 7 (rightly imo). Surprised Berkshire Red down 3 but the Blue up a similar mark. The Grove down too and although I've always enjoyed my time there and the set up, I've never been convinced it's a top 100 course

D

Deleted member 15344

Think trumps name spoils that list

Seeing Turnberry name change just looks wrong

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Think trumps name spoils that list

Seeing Turnberry name change just looks wrong

A touch prejudiced perhaps :whistle:- though understandable. I thought I saw somewhere that Turnberry was 'losing' the 'Trump' part, maybe just for The Open? :thup:

Anyone who invests that amount of dosh (doesn't matter if it's his own or other investors) is pretty much entitled to stick their name onto the title somehow - and that brand is a big part of the marketing!

NST

Head Pro
Visit site
Managed 4 of them in my short career, hope to tick off another 10 next year. I thought Swinley Forest was out of this world and it ranks 38!

Last edited: