GM Titleist custom fitting offer

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Did anyone on here get chosen for the Titleist custom fit article. I failed miserably, so just wondered who the lucky beggars were, and what their strategy was.

Not that I need a new set of irons, but shiny new things are always welcome.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Parmo, you really are a bitter man! Have you ever congratulated a forum member or had something positive to say?

Southern Fairy? Please explain how I am a southern fairy?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I can see how angling for a free set of irons might make me a tight git, but I don't see how it makes me a fairy.

Any way, I'm from the north. Watford. It's as far north as you can get while remaining inside the M25.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
no I didn't even enter due to my handicap being too high. Its a shame really I live within 30minutes of the fitting centre where the offer is taking place. Depending on the feedback from the competition winners I may have to go there myself.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I also had the handicap issue and live about half an hour from the fitting center as well though in the other direction. Heres hoping that some company in the future will want a total duffer of a high handicapper to be fitted for their latest forgiving irons and drives (Wilson Staff if you are listening this would be a good idea for your Spine driver that I would love to try).

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't get picked....good choice too, after todays lessons my pro says I won't be able to hit a thing for ages!

I was disappointed, of course, seeing as a) My irons are old and rusty b) I'm a "fitting" cynic (watch those death threats appear!) and c) I'm a perfect "type"....middle aged, desperate to "buy" a better game, money to burn (well, not that actually) and educated enough to write a glorious 4 page article on "how custom fitted Titleists saved my game".

Don't know where I went wrong.......could be I signed the email application.......Dave 12 h'cap "I swing it like a girl and love all things Callaway" realgolferuk.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dave,
Does this mean you are in the midst of a Faldoesque swing change?

YES!.......oh, my.....what a scary moment. And in true Leadbetter/Faldo stylee, lesson no.1 a) 8 o'clock move away b) angle of plane at wrist set.......aarrgghh, it's like all my nightmares rolled up in one big lump of boredom.

1st LESSON THIS MILLENIUM.
NO, really. :(