• 4 to 5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 years plus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

feary

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
By the way homer. I'd be up for it. I might be dependent on a lift or i may have to be very nice to my parents.

DCB

Visit site
Well guys, seems some folks did enjoy the last Spring meeting that Homer organised.

See Here :D

So stop whinging and bitching and either support it, or let it go.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
At the end of the day, it was designed as an opportunity for many of those based in the south to get together for a one day event without the hassle of finding accommodation etc. For those feeling excluded, there have been England v Scotland (another planned for 2010) the GM v Golf Magic match in Lincolnshire in March next year, trips to Addlestone Court (courtesy of Leftie) and a number of Scottish meets plus the latest one at Castle Stuart and of course the recent chance to play at the Belfry so I think most forummers have had opportunities to play different events if they wanted too.

Last year we had a few people from Cornwall and the West Country and the South Coast plus those from Bucks, Kent, Surrey etc. Ascot is ideally situated close to the M3, M25 and M4 and so gives those in these areas a chance to get to a meet with a reasonable drive. The same points regarding locality were thrashed out last year. As DCB points out by attaching the link those that came all had a good time. It'll be good to get the same faces and a number of the newbies that have joined in recent months together. No-one is forcing you one way or the other but its a decent course, good food, decent prizes and good company.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Homer.

I'm up for a Spring meet again next year, as I really enjoyed the Spring meet this year. £60 is steep to be honest, and I do like Hywels suggestion for Leatherhead. So that gets my vote.

I'd also consider throwing in a prize or two, but we can disuss this nearer the time.

With regard to the north / south thing. I reckon we in the south are far worse at these get togethers than our Scottish and Northern friends, who seem to have them regualarly. But I do hope that the Belfry trip is repeated next year. I have unfinished business there!

I'd love to go to Castle Stuart, but realisticly, it is not going to happen for me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've sent HTL a PM although I know he may be looking at a new club for next year depending on his domestic situation. Like I said £60 is a top end "guesstimate" and will be inclusive of prizes etc. Once I get a better idea of potential numbers I can go to the club in a sronger position and negotitate a better rate.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well, just to add my two pennyworth, I did quibble at the price last year as had also noticed the website info (and there are two of us paying) BUT
a) it was the only major GM 'meet' we could make without an overnight stay (from Bristol)
B) it was a great day out
c) the food was excellent and the trophy (not boasting or anything) rather nice
Would do it again, no problem. So count us in HJS. As far sa I know we are free all dates. If it's not AScot, we'll think about it depending on travel situation.
Now just have to find a women's team?
Cheers

AliB
PS - don't know if I should mention this, buy my handicap has gone up recently :rolleyes:

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It'd be great to meet some of you southern shandy drinking puffs but can't commit yet as I've a few things going on next year. Put me down as a maybe, I'll be able to confirm either way once the date is confirmed

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tentative at the moment. Either earlier in March or later in May for me though. I also like the idea of Leatherhead as it would be a new track for me.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arghhh. Too much quibbling. There ain't going to be any meet that suits each and everyone.

Come if you want to or stay way if you prefer. All I can say it was a grand day last time. Homer: can't commit to a date yet but if I can be there, I will.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can I throw a suggestion in.

Beau Desert!!!!

Played there this year as a prelude to the magic/monthly meet and EVERYONE commented how good it was.

Smiffy will have the details.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Homer,

really enjoyed it last year, so please count me in. Once a date is confirmed I can then see about getting it off work.

Cheers

Midnight..

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can I throw a suggestion in.

Beau Desert!!!!

Played there this year as a prelude to the magic/monthly meet and EVERYONE commented how good it was.

Smiffy will have the details.

Includint the local talent on offer, the rather strong shandys available and erm apple pie by the sound of things :D

D

Deleted member 1740

I'd be up for it so long as its on a friday.

It would be too much of a trek driving there and back in a day.

keep us posted of venue.

Ta

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Have you thought about doing it at Bearwood Lakes ? I believe they do a day membership there.

Would probably be more expensive unless Mike and the Boys put a word in.
Worth it but not cheap

CVG

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Arghhh. Too much quibbling. There ain't going to be any meet that suits each and everyone.

Come if you want to or stay way if you prefer. All I can say it was a grand day last time. Homer: can't commit to a date yet but if I can be there, I will.

Couldn't put it better myself, I don't know you try and help people and all they can do is complain! Count me in Homer, I'll be there with IMurg.