• 4 to 5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 years plus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Looking to organise next years GM Spring Meet at Royal Ascot and wanted to find out what dates are good. I recognise there are several other big meets coming up around then so was thinking either Friday March 5th or the 12th or delaying it and holding it around May 7th or 14th. Anyone got any preferences and is there enough interest to make it viable. We had 20 this year and it'll be good to have more next year.

I'm not sure on cost but I'm guessing around the £60 for pre-round bacon butties and coffee/tea, 18 holes, two course dinner and prizes. Murphthemog won the inaugural event and hopefully he'll be up to defend his crown.

I know its a long way off but an idea of general numbers would be good. Those who played this year I think (hope) enjoyed the day and it'll be good to see some new faces too.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
60 notes would seem a little expensive for March....?

Why. No temporary greens or tees so the course wil be playing its proper length off the whites. Its the set society rate although once I get an idea of numbers etc I can negotiate with the club as I did this year.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Geographic centre of the UK is Lancashire and has been beaten to death before about a GM meet.

It'll never happen in my life time to accomodate everyone.

Andy

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
£61 is around the £60 mark and no cost has been finalised yet. It depends on numbers and how much of a discount I can negotiate. If all its going to do is cause me aggro then I'm happy to pull the plug now and walk away

DCB

Visit site
Without wanting to Hijack HJS post, this came up last year when HJS organised this years event. It was basically a Southern event. Fair enough no problem with that at all.

But if you don't fancy travelling then organise something in your neck of the woods and put it on the Arrange a Game section. Go on be proavtive !

If you don't want to do that then don't bleat about having to travel further than the end of your street ! ;)

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry mate if this sounds like im being a knob, however, I could do it at Leatherhead for £30 if people are finding £60 a bit steep. £60 for me to play Ascot again with some lunch and a bacon bap is too much for me.