GM research opportunity - looking for volunteers

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Crikey, it seems that ANY thread can cause an arguement! :confused:

Chill out guys, the forum owner is doing some research for his magazine, that's all. If you can't partake I'm sure something else will come along.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So what?

It's the same as an equipment opportunity.
Would you travel all the way to Basingstoke for a putter fitting?

Or Exeter for a fairway wood?

You get 20 quid travel and 80's worth of Titleist stuff.

If you can't get there - don't.

Seems some are never happy unless they have something to moan about.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've never heard such nonsense.

GM invite people to a venue, offer some goody bags and then people come on and moan that either it's too far away, the expenses are not generous enough, or, despite GM towers being in London, they arn't happy it's a London based opportunity?

You couldn't make it up!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

GM invite people to a venue, offer some goody bags and then people come on and moan that either it's too far away, the expenses are not generous enough, or, despite GM towers being in London, they arn't happy it's a London based opportunity?

You couldn't make it up!

+1 Read the first post by Mike and as a subscriber was out but passed the details on to a golfing buddy thinking it was a (nother) great opportunity provided by GM but more importantly that they are always bothered enough to find out more about their readers and likes/dislikes etc etc.

Re-read the thread today as it went to 3 pages and couldn't believe the complaints!!!

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
So what?

It's the same as an equipment opportunity.
Would you travel all the way to Basingstoke for a putter fitting?

Or Exeter for a fairway wood?

You get 20 quid travel and 80's worth of Titleist stuff.

If you can't get there - don't.

Seems some are never happy unless they have something to moan about.

Well said.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site

You couldn't make it up!

Well I just don't think it's good enough. GM should be flying people first class from all corners of the UK, putting them up in a 5* hotel and increasing the size off the goody bag. :whistle:

With the some of the responses on this thread, I don't know why GM bother.

Last edited:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just to clarify a few points...This is research about Golf Monthly not Titleist - those who attend will just get Titleist goodies as a thanks for giving up their time

The nature of the research means we need to do it in small groups at IPC Media HQ were our development team are based

The sort of topics/questions the development team will be covering wouldnt be affected by where you live so answers we get in Scotland would be the same as in the Souht East

Thanks

Mike, I along with most others on here are very thankful for all the oppertunities & chances to win stuff that are always popping up here , they are always spread evenly around the UK & good few Ireland or available to overseas participation , You or some of the lads are always on hand with advice or help when required & ye always show an intrest in the way your customers are thinking ..

So this one is in London .. big deal , you dont have to justify the reasons why to anyone one here , if thats the way its to be done , then do it that way .. & im sure if you need other input we the forumers will gladly email or post replys on any subject (well golf subject ;)) FOC ..

Keep up the good work & even if we dont always seem to , we do apreciate all ye do esp the freebees & comps ..

Thanks

Bill

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
It seems GM cant do anything right to some people.
How can an opportunity offered by GM to help turn into an argument.
Ok its not for everyone due to travel,but for anyone near the offices its a great opportunity.
I for one hope GM are monoriting whinning individuals,and when a great opportunity arrives they are
not even considered.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ok
Re read the original post and insert Aberdeen instead of London.

I would imagine pro rata that Aberdeen has more subscribers to GM than any other UK city. Even allowing for the popular Scottish golf magazine Bunkered.
Lazy research aimed at getting a result that agrees with advertising profiles.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok
Re read the original post and insert Aberdeen instead of London.

I would imagine pro rata that Aberdeen has more subscribers to GM than any other UK city. Even allowing for the popular Scottish golf magazine Bunkered.

Why are you getting your knickers in such a twist over this? The next time there is an opportunity for clubs and it's in London will you do so much complaining?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not that it is comprehensive but come on, more in Aberdeen area than London ?
I have yet to find another forum, commercial or other that gives its members so much back when asking for so little. Catch yourself on, really.

maps.jpg

Last edited:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok

I would replace Lazy with sensibly costed .. they have the meeting rooms on site in the GM building & dont have to transport the panel to the different areas to carry out the test .. that can be expensive ,
lets just be straight here this is not open to only londoners ,its in London for the reason explained above but its open to everyone , as a thank you for your participation GM will cover £20 expences & reward you with a goody bag ,
im sure if its important enough to me & i wanted to fly over and give an irish prospective Mike would welcome me , but he's not going to pay for me ..

Last edited:
V

vkurup

Mike.. happy to help if the opportunity is still open. Will mail Simon. GM towers is down the road for me. Suggestion: Can this be done at the Refinery bar or the Del Aziz Hooka/Seesha place.. will help lubricate the conversation. :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Re-read the thread today as it went to 3 pages and couldn't believe the complaints!!!

If you go to 'settings' then select 'general settings' you can then change how many posts you see on one page (mine is set to 40) so I don't have to keep flicking through page after page..... this thread is still on it's first page :thup: