Forum Opportunity - Under Armour

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
Hi all,

Those of you who get the mag regularly will be familiar with our 'Tested By You' feature, where we find two readers to test a product over a number of weeks at their home clubs so they can provide some detailed and unbiased feedback on the latest golf gear.

An upcoming one we’re doing is with Under Armour and its Gore-Tex Paclite waterproofs. The plan is to kit two of you out with a suit in early November, which you'll receive in the post. You'll then get to use it for around a month, before meeting us for a game at West Hill GC in early December so we can gather your feedback and get some photos and video clips of you in the waterproofs.

To be considered for this one you need to be planning to play a few times a week throughout November, plus you'll need to be able to make a midweek morning at West Hill GC in early December (with a few weeks notice of the exact day and time which is TBC). We'll also need you to fill out the below details, and email your entry to jake.oreilly@timeinc.com with ‘Under Armour reader test' as the subject line.

Name
Forum name
Home Club / Location
Handicap
Jacket size
Trouser waist and leg size
How often you play
A sentence on what you look for in golf waterproofs

Entries close on Sunday the 5th of November.

Good luck!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I can vouch for the effectiveness of Galvin Green gear, and it goes beyond their waterproofing.

I was lucky enough to win a set earlier in the year and since then I've not had to wear them once in anger as heavy rain has been too scared to show its face when I've been on the course.

Oh, and if you need another player for West Hill I might be available.... ;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I can vouch for the effectiveness of Galvin Green gear, and it goes beyond their waterproofing.

I was lucky enough to win a set earlier in the year and since then I've not had to wear them once in anger as heavy rain has been too scared to show its face when I've been on the course.

Oh, and if you need another player for West Hill I might be available.... ;)

Erm, it’s for Under Armour not GG 😜 and will be more popular for those Cocks that play football in white 😜

Crawley1981

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was lucky enough to be chosen for this and enjoyed a great day at West Hill today. I thought my course was in good condition but this was amazing for the time of year.

The new waterproofs I received are also lovely and definitely do what you would expect for the price if you bought them but also getting to play a top 100 course for free made it extra special. I would definitely recommend to you all to volunteer/enter for this sort of thing in future.

The company was also great playing with Rich and also the Golf Monthly team for the four holes they joined us.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I was lucky enough to be chosen for this and enjoyed a great day at West Hill today. I thought my course was in good condition but this was amazing for the time of year.

The new waterproofs I received are also lovely and definitely do what you would expect for the price if you bought them but also getting to play a top 100 course for free made it extra special. I would definitely recommend to you all to volunteer/enter for this sort of thing in future.

The company was also great playing with Rich and also the Golf Monthly team for the four holes they joined us.

nice one, glad it worked out and you had a top day :)

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site

I would definitely recommend to you all to volunteer/enter for this sort of thing in future.

I was also lucky enough to be chosen for the Galvin Green version of this next month... comments like this almost make me want to wish away Christmas to get it to come around sooner!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Totally agree. Cracking day and big thanks to GM and particularily Jake for organising.

Never had a gore-tex suit before, but really impressed with the Under Armour one I was 'fitted' for. It takes a bit of getting on and off with the extra layer inside , especially the trousers. Fortunately GM had stopped filming by the time I was hopping round the course with my spikes stuck in the membrane.:eek:

First time I have been on one of these days, and adding in playing at West Hill, made it especially memorable. West Hill was in stunning condition, and the greens were the best winter greens I have ever putted on. Just been cut and so smooth. Understand they have a new green keeper and he has done a great job. Looking forward to playing there again with the forum next year.:thup:

Good to meet with Kevin. Enjoyed your company, and you need to get your name down to play in some forum meets next year.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Totally agree. Cracking day and big thanks to GM and particularily Jake for organising.

Never had a gore-tex suit before, but really impressed with the Under Armour one I was 'fitted' for. It takes a bit of getting on and off with the extra layer inside , especially the trousers. Fortunately GM had stopped filming by the time I was hopping round the course with my spikes stuck in the membrane.:eek:

First time I have been on one of these days, and adding in playing at West Hill, made it especially memorable. West Hill was in stunning condition, and the greens were the best winter greens I have ever putted on. Just been cut and so smooth. Understand they have a new green keeper and he has done a great job. Looking forward to playing there again with the forum next year.:thup:

Good to meet with Kevin. Enjoyed your company, and you need to get your name down to play in some forum meets next year.

You do look very dashing in your new suit Rich. It is nice to see you embrace the technology. I’m looking forward to the piece to camera.

However I did think that the good people at UA may have targeted a ‘younger’ demographic?? ;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
You do look very dashing in your new suit Rich. It is nice to see you embrace the technology. I’m looking forward to the piece to camera.

However I did think that the good people at UA may have targeted a ‘younger’ demographic?? ;)
Jake did want me to say the suit was an athletic fit, but I stuck with snug fit.:eek: I didn't wear my flat cap to pay homage to the younger generation.:thup:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds like a great day out and fantastic swag! Unfortunately until UA start making size XS I can't join you guys!

(sad but true, turns out I'm a Junior size in Galvin Green!)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

So are you finally going to move on from tweed, tamashanter and a macintosh, then Rich? :whoo:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Under Armour clothing is class and i like the fitting of it , Galvin Green is far to expensive for what it is in my book.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I saw the pictures on Twitter Rich, looked like you were giving a putting lesson.

Have you heard of Twitter? :eek:

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think a flat cap and a new UA waterproof suit would grace any catwalk anywhere in the world. You missed a trick there. Maybe have it Photoshopped in before the mag goes into print run :thup: