GM Forum Challenge - Fantasy RTD

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd forgotten to sign up to the GM mini league, done it now.

Is there any easy way to cross reference your own team against the list of runners for the next event to make sure you've not got any 'dead wood'?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
How do we find out who is playing this weeks and when do we need to make subs by?

From the league login

The competition gets underway with the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship, so select your team of 15 golfers before 04:00 GMT on Thursday, 20 January to ensure that your team starts accumulating money from the very first tournament. If you register after the start of an event, your team will only begin to secure prize money from the tournament following your registration.

Team Changes
After the first counting event - the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship - entrants are then permitted to make up to five team changes between events.

These changes can be made on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only (UK time). For events which start on Wednesday (UK time), team changes will be disabled at 12:00 GMT/BST on Wednesday.

To find out who is playing in any particular tournament, logon to www.europeantour.com select the event in the tournaments list and then select "Entry list & tee times"
For this week see http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011004/teetimes/index.html

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
All joined.

Is there a strategy to it though? As it seems you can just pick the top 15 ranked players and be done with it? Is there more reward for picking an "unknown" that is further down the world rankings?

I just picked names I recognised :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
It looks more complex than I thought... this means I've got to check which of my 15 aren't playing and sub them for someone else...every week!

I might just leave it and see how my 15 get on :(

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
It looks more complex than I thought... this means I've got to check which of my 15 aren't playing and sub them for someone else...every week!

I might just leave it and see how my 15 get on :(

This is my plan! I'll completely forget about it as I usually do with my FFL.

Bacardibatman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
yeah id say I'll only change if someone's going to be out for a while with injury

....cos im lazy :D

and tbh just because i have faith in my 15 and not going to be picking potential winners after seeing theyre in good form

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
All joined.

Is there a strategy to it though? As it seems you can just pick the top 15 ranked players and be done with it? Is there more reward for picking an "unknown" that is further down the world rankings?

I just picked names I recognised :D

Does seem that way, but the idea is to get most points, so always worth checking that your man is playing and subbing someone in if they aren't, as I did for Mr Els this morning.

I did the Today Golfer Winter league the last two times it ran (not this year), it was a lot harder as you had a budget and players had a cost to bring in, you had to balance it, and could only select 6 players.

This comp I think will be the one who manages their periphery names better.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I also do the National Club Golfer one and thats done by picking 2 golfers from each of 5 groups , thereby having 10 golfers per week to gain you points. You only get points if they make the cut and the higher they finish the more point syou get. Some events like majors are worth triple points. Its a lot more fun as you can pick and choose every week from PGA tour and Euro tour.

Bacardibatman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
http://fantasyrace.europeantour.com/FriendsLeague.aspx?p=236

top 10:
jammydodger Eaglehunters 1013439
Snappy's Army Snappy's Army 982761
lobthewedge dandy dons 982761
top40golf top40golf 982761
Tiger Zorro Select XI 976240
OThomas14 OT Superstars 958604
team trash PROPER RUBBISH 949354
Bunkers Bunker's Ba'Bags 949341
RorMcPoulter Poults Tartan Pants 949321
peterlav Lavo's Losers 937684

looks like 2nd 3rd and 4th might have the same teams ;)