Gloves whats there use?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry but it's 'their'. I was immediately drawn in. As for gloves, they wear them on telly so therefore I must wear one too.

Sorry was thick at school and now I don't care.:D

I suppose that's what manufacturers want and generally get.
Most have mentioned grip or blisters however grips themselves are very good for grip now and blisters well plasters are cheaper and 80 shots or so wouldn't give me blisters.

I found I would change a glove every 6 to 8 weeks,using 1 glove all year:eek:

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I stopped using one 18 months ago and have noticed no difference. I have a bit of hard skin just below my wedding ring, but I had that whilst I used a glove anyway.
I do wear a rain glove when necessary though.
one benefit from losing the glove is that both hands now tan equally.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Honestly just started using one all those years ago because it was the done thing (was 14 when I first started). Only times I've tried without one were when I've been to Top Golf on an evening, but only hitting 40 or 60 balls and not taking it that seriously it's hard to notice much of a difference. Really it just doesn't make sense to try and adjust to not wearing one when I can just carry on wearing one. I have bits of rough skin on my gloved hands as it is, I imagine that would be worse without one.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have worn one for so long now that it doesn't feel right if I don't wear it although unlike a lot of golfers I keep it on whilst putting.
When I don't wear it I can definitely feel the effect on my left hand so will continue to do so. They're not expensive it and a glove lasts me months.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I seriously can't swing at my full speed without one

Always hold back for fear of letting the club slip. Hate not having one on as i feel all nude and prone :eek:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have worn one for so long now that it doesn't feel right if I don't wear it although unlike a lot of golfers I keep it on whilst putting.
When I don't wear it I can definitely feel the effect on my left hand so will continue to do so. They're not expensive it and a glove lasts me months.
I leave mine on to putt as well. Was never sure why they take it off really. Just a bit long-winded for me, without knowing what the benefit would be, if any.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried without, just feels wrong. loose all grip on the club and it feels like I'm leaving the face wide open.
I also can't stand synthetic gloves, has to be 100% leather. No rain gloves either, just keep gloves dry and change out to a dry one when if it does get wet.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Never worn one other than a pair of Macwets for the rain, maybe I should give it a try.

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wear mine to stop blisters.

However when im putting...I cannot put without it.

I feel I have a smoother swing/better feel.

Strange arent I?