Gleneagles Queens

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think I enjoy the queen's more than the other 2, alas it was in poor condition last time a played there, but it was springtime.
What was the condition like?

Reactions: Val

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I think I enjoy the queen's more than the other 2, alas it was in poor condition last time a played there, but it was springtime.
What was the condition like?

It was pretty good, albeit a bit soft in parts - ball pretty much dropped and stopped on the fairways and approaches, very little run compared to Nairn and Dornoch :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finally played it for the first time today. Pretty driech day and very wet by the end but I really enjoyed it. Nice course - pretty wide open with gnarly greens as the main defense. Think they must have been expecting greens to flood today as some of the pin positions were a tad questionable! Annoyingly, I three putted the 18th to shoot 1 over.

Would play it again in a heartbeat but definitely prefer the Kings.
I was also there on the Sunday. Can you describe the last 3 holes for me please? The mist came down, because hey rain just wasn't enough, and whilst I hit balls I have no idea of what the holes or surroundings are like on them :oops:.

We played the Kings yesterday, more rain :rolleyes:, and I agree that the Kings wins out of the two (personal preference of course). The Queens was closed for maintenance yesterday but we could see over onto the course and a number of the greens on the Queens were flooded and unplayable by midday.

Golfing paradise though, just a wonderful place to play.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Finally played it for the first time today. Pretty driech day and very wet by the end but I really enjoyed it. Nice course - pretty wide open with gnarly greens as the main defense. Think they must have been expecting greens to flood today as some of the pin positions were a tad questionable! Annoyingly, I three putted the 18th to shoot 1 over.

Would play it again in a heartbeat but definitely prefer the Kings.

That is some shooting girl---anyone would think you were good at this:whistle:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The first two of my pics are from the 18th tee and 17th tee respectively :)
Ha ha. Thank you. I am now replaying the shots in my head using your pictures to complete the moment :LOL:. Perhaps best that at the time I could not see all of that danger :oops:. There really is not much margin of error.

I was amazed they didn't blow the hooter in all honesty, it really was very bad.

Thankfully the next day was clear, very wet but clear, so we were able to enjoy the scenery fully then.