gleneagles and surrounding area help

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm playing a 3 day tournament in the spring on the queens course and also have the opportunity to play one of the other courses. would you go kings or pga?

also, whilst I'm up there can anyone recommend another course within reasonable distance please

many thanks

User20204

Visit site
Kings is very enjoyable, the PGA may be a bit of a slog depending on ability. Right next door there is Auchterarder GC, very good track, Creiff which is nice, Dunblane isn't too far away though can't comment on the course. Avoid Dollar at all costs.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played the Kings earlier this year. Loved it, loved it, loved it. I did my research beforehand and everything I read said play the Kings ahead of the PGA. One reviewer of Auchterarder GC described the PGA as the 4th best course in the town 😁.

If you can find your way around the search facility in the review section then you will find my review. If you can't be bothered looking I'll give you the shortened version, I loved it 😂

I can't help with other options although following HH1 post I would add that if I was lucky enough to return then I would look to play Auchterarder GC as part of the trip as it looked very nice, got good write ups and is obviously cheaper than the Gleneagles courses.

Hank Marvin is a member at gleneagles. It may be worth dropping him a PM.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Kings for me Jon, a few blind shots but a lovely course. I liked the PGA too but unless you remember it well from the Ryder Cup I'd say Kings every day

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Auchterarder is nice. I reallty really enjoyed Comrie. Wonderful 9 holer and cheap as chips.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
People who say Auchterarder is better than the PGA really don't have a clue what they're talking about to be blunt.

PGA is a great course, shame it's situated besides two outstanding courses which are nicer and probably more fun.

Auchterarder is a very enjoyable round of golf. Nice track, nice clubhouse and a good day out. However not in the same league as the three Gleneagles tracks.

To answer the OP's question, without doubt I'd be playing the King's.

Crief is nice nearby, Muckhart is ok and I also enjoyed Comrie. Not the best condition when I played but enjoyable none the less and sadly I didn't bump into Carly.

If you are already in Auchterarder I'd make the effort to go to Blairgowrie, it's maybe an hour maximum away but Rosemont is fantastic.

User20204

Visit site
it's maybe an hour maximum away but Rosemont is fantastic.

Played it a few times in the past couple of years and just can't see the fascination with it, it's ok, better than some but the praise some folk lump on to it I just don't get. If they were talking about the clubhouse then, yes, I get it but the course, nah.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Played it a few times in the past couple of years and just can't see the fascination with it, it's ok, better than some but the praise some folk lump on to it I just don't get. If they were talking about the clubhouse then, yes, I get it but the course, nah.

Course is absolutely tremendous in my opinion.