Glasses.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wear normal varifocal glasses for golf. What I do recommend with varifocals is to get quality ones. Even the best spec savers are poor.
the better quality the larger each zone is.
I say this with experience of starting with specsaver ones and struggling with the zones in all parts of my life. I needed good ones for work as a Telecoms engineer.

bradleywedge

Visit site
Interesting subject for me. I am currently trying a 3rd time within 4 months to try and go the contact lens route. Tried twice on different occasions to put them in but failed at the first hurdle (the optometrist fitted them OK for me second time and they felt great), but when I tried inserting them myself couldn't get near.

Now going for a third attempt, told them I may need more time to learn to fit them (May need multiple visits), they are the varifocal lens type, any advice apart from touching eyeball before hand, I need to follow?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When it comes to contacts my optician suggested I try one in one eye only (my bad eye). It took me until the 12th hole to realise it made it look as if every single putt was a left to right break.

I gave up on contacts due my eye openings being very narrow and it used to take too long to get one in.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting subject for me. I am currently trying a 3rd time within 4 months to try and go the contact lens route. Tried twice on different occasions to put them in but failed at the first hurdle (the optometrist fitted them OK for me second time and they felt great), but when I tried inserting them myself couldn't get near.

Now going for a third attempt, told them I may need more time to learn to fit them (May need multiple visits), they are the varifocal lens type, any advice apart from touching eyeball before hand, I need to follow?

For me the key is to hold the eye wide open with your eyelashes, making sure that you keep them (eyelashes) out of the way, otherwise they will catch the lens as you got to place it on the eye, then look straight at the lens as you place it on the eyeball.

bradleywedge

Visit site
For me the key is to hold the eye wide open with your eyelashes, making sure that you keep them (eyelashes) out of the way, otherwise they will catch the lens as you got to place it on the eye, then look straight at the lens as you place it on the eyeball.

Hmmm, thats interesting, haven't tried that, thanks!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you're just looking for some cheap specs which you can wear on the course and not stress too much if they get damaged or you lose them then I can highly recommned ordering online from goggles4u. I've always got emails with 50-75% discount codes so get a good pair of specs for about £15 delivered usually.

As a result I have a pair for every day of the week just about! I also ordered some with a tint which work great in sunlight.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I wear normal varifocal glasses for golf. What I do recommend with varifocals is to get quality ones. Even the best spec savers are poor.
the better quality the larger each zone is.
I say this with experience of starting with specsaver ones and struggling with the zones in all parts of my life. I needed good ones for work as a Telecoms engineer.

I'm in Bedfordshire as well. Where do you go to get good qulity ones? I haven't been overly impressed with the Specsavers glasses, though their optometrists in my local branch have been good.