give me your tips

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
the best tip i ever heard was a putting one to help stop decelerating into the ball and leaving it short - it was that your followthrough stoke should be roughly twice the length of your backstroke

it not an exact science but I have always found it a good guide

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I have just had a great tip on stance from my local pro - address the ball and then imagine someone needs to balance a pint on your lower back (ie stick your bun out and pull your shoulders back while standing tall)...that should get your posture correct for a powerful swing

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
So in other words stand like an ape-sounds like a cracking tip!

One of the best tips i don't take enough notice of is work on your short game as much, if not more than your long game. There's nothing more fun than booming drives on the range but the short game is where shots are saved when under pressure

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The best tip I was ever given was to grip the club lightly. Stand there choking the life out of the club and you have no hope of producing a rhythmic swing - or any distance.

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Excuse me, golf donkey. I've seen pics of your grip. Any small bird unfortunate enough to find itself wedged between your hands would almost certainly be crushed to death within seconds!!