Club champion Glasgow

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Has anyone been - anybody got any feedback or reviews?

There are a few on trustpilot etc that seem to be people/bots glowing straight after their fitting, but wondered if you lot could give me more useful / trustworthy insight.

Teebs

Visit site
Looks to be high end pricing. Guess it depends what you're after. Much of what they'll do will be overkill for the vast majority and they are charging a pretty penny for the privilege.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah, all thats pretty clear from the website, and the kit is the same for every golf shop now, so i assumed the money is either just premium pricing to fool you into parting, or you are paying for true expertise.

I was hoping someone had experience to advise if its the same custom fit as any, or if there's additional insight youre paying for?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah, all thats pretty clear from the website, and the kit is the same for every golf shop now, so i assumed the money is either just premium pricing to fool you into parting, or you are paying for true expertise.

I was hoping someone had experience to advise if its the same custom fit as any, or if there's additional insight youre paying for?

Club Champion have been on a bit of a buying spree I think with fitting centres, such as Golf Principles and also TXG.

I believe they are similar to Precision Golf (who I have been to) so will be a much better and in-depth fitting than you would get at an American Golf or the average club pro. Like most things though, it can depend on who the fitter is and if they are indeed any good.

HPIMG

Visit site
Guy from my club went and got miura irons, said he hated the mats they use and they ended up hitting off the floor that was like a very thin mat itself. I hate hitting into a net so any club fitting I’ve had has always been outside.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Guy from my club went and got miura irons, said he hated the mats they use and they ended up hitting off the floor that was like a very thin mat itself. I hate hitting into a net so any club fitting I’ve had has always been outside.
Suppose its a good sign that he bought the muiras, you wouldnt spring for them without being convinced...

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
They have already failed their own test so far, booked on their website on friday, where they promised a call back in 24 hours... nothing so far ...

Teebs

Visit site
I think most of the major manufacturers have their own high-end facilities in the UK now - guess it depends on location and what you're looking at.
I went to Ping HQ nearly 12 months ago and it was a good experience, hitting into a range, using TrackMan and ProV1 balls.

Be good to know how you get on :)