Getting rid of a shot.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Most golfers have at least one particular shot that they spend most of their golfing lives trying to avoid. If you had a chance to get rid of only one shot forever, what would it be?

I tend to have a slight draw with my woods and longer irons when I am playing well but it sometimes turns into a very nasty hook, this is the shot that I would love get rid off to help improve my scoring.

Whats the one flaw you have that you would get rid off?

DCB

Visit site
Interesting post Toad,
For me it would have to be the draw that turns into a hook because of an overactive right hand. I can go for quite a while and suddenly in it comes, it is so destructive.

D

Deleted member 1147

The shot I'd like to avoid on the course is a downhill left to right putt.

My problem mistake is lifting my right heal and hooking the ball!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The topped wedge that shoots across the green like a rocket and into the thick rough twenty yards over the back and the similar bunker shot that scuttles across the green into the bunker on the other side.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting post Toad,
For me it would have to be the draw that turns into a hook because of an overactive right hand. I can go for quite a while and suddenly in it comes, it is so destructive.

Me too! Or the fade that turns into a nasty slice!

I set up for a fade on a dogleg right yesterday and actually hooked the ball, how? I do not know!

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Interesting to see how many people want to cure the 'big' shot and hardly anyone has said the most obvious one.

Congrats to evita4 for what has to be the best answer:

"the 3rd putt"

Absolutely guaranteeing you never 3 putt is priceless (and in the good way and not the bad like-a-mother's-love way) and would be the single biggest difference to everyone's handicap.

All the best golfers duck-hook, top, shank etc. from time to time. You don't get many pros looking too happy with a 3 putt though.