George Washington golf course Newcastle

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If only you'd asked the question before they booked ?‍♂️.

It's a bit bland, a hotel course. Have low expectations and you will probably enjoy it. Sorry, I know you wanted to hear something more positive. Oh, it's Washington, not Newcastle. Other side of the tunnel/ water to Newcastle

(If you want to sneak off and play elsewhere then there are some good courses very close by)

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If only you'd asked the question before they booked ?‍♂️.

It's a bit bland, a hotel course. Have low expectations and you will probably enjoy it. Sorry, I know you wanted to hear something more positive. Oh, it's Washington, not Newcastle. Other side of the tunnel/ water to Newcastle

(If you want to sneak off and play elsewhere then there are some good courses very close by)

Thanks.
A group of 6 guys, 4 not regular golfers so I'm hoping it will be OK for us.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Be fine, a bit out of the way for bars if you’re after that sort of thing. Washington Old Village and Fatfield are both supposed to have decent pubs around that area, a taxi to Newcastle will be about £20 I imagine.
I haven’t played the course but they spent a lot of money on the hotel and driving range a few years ago.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Be fine, a bit out of the way for bars if you’re after that sort of thing. Washington Old Village and Fatfield are both supposed to have decent pubs around that area, a taxi to Newcastle will be about £20 I imagine.
I haven’t played the course but they spent a lot of money on the hotel and driving range a few years ago.
Thanks. My pal has found a dinner, b&b deal with golf. I'll be happy to stay at the hotel.

Zig

Visit site
It's fine - you'll have a fab time. Some nice holes, pretty forgiving off the tee, but plenty of mature trees to add enough interest. It's better than many nearby, and it doesn't sound like you're looking for an Open Championship hosting course! :)
Range is OK, and the hotel is fine too. Enjoy!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's fine - you'll have a fab time. Some nice holes, pretty forgiving off the tee, but plenty of mature trees to add enough interest. It's better than many nearby, and it doesn't sound like you're looking for an Open Championship hosting course! :)
Range is OK, and the hotel is fine too. Enjoy!
Brilliant - thanks.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I’m very surprised you think it’s bland Lord Tyrion, it’s one of my favourite layouts locally.
Greens and tees a good distant apart to chat between holes. I think the course has character. Admittedly it can be heavy after rain as it’s on clay soil are like a lot round here

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m very surprised you think it’s bland Lord Tyrion, it’s one of my favourite layouts locally.
Greens and tees a good distant apart to chat between holes. I think the course has character. Admittedly it can be heavy after rain as it’s on clay soil are like a lot round here
Each to their own ??‍♂️. Good while since I've been there. Maybe my memory of it isn't too strong.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Had a nightmare there. A group of us had an outing the weekend England beat Germany 5-1. Every time anyone heard our Scottish accents we got slagged rotten. Think the course was OK nothing special.

Springveldt

Visit site
Love those positive messages. 🤣
It's just well known in the area for not draining well and most courses this way are sodden (except the links courses of course). I actually went and played South Shields yesterday as I'm sick of ploughing through mud and temp greens at my home course.