George Washington golf course Newcastle

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It’s sad that you’re playing it in that condition, as I think it’s a lovely layout
Well, we chucked it after 9 holes. Clearly the course should have been shut. The course manager even told me that they only opened it due to there being a comp on in the morning!

It took us nearly 2.5 hours for 9 holes, as on nearly every hole we were searching for mud balls or totally plugged balls.
The attached pic is of a ball on the fairway!Screenshot_20230416_163059_Gallery.jpg

A real shame as the course seemed really nice.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
We did lift clean and place anywhere. Dread to think how all the people got on in their comp.
We played ramside after the comp and there were a couple of holes which yielded similar plugs. We still don’t have our comps qualifying yet but fingers crossed we’ve got a few weeks of dryer weather now.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Well, we chucked it after 9 holes. Clearly the course should have been shut. The course manager even told me that they only opened it due to there being a comp on in the morning!

It took us nearly 2.5 hours for 9 holes, as on nearly every hole we were searching for mud balls or totally plugged balls.
The attached pic is of a ball on the fairway!View attachment 47377

A real shame as the course seemed really nice.
In all honesty, I got bored when I played it years ago. My mate’s house backs onto it and he could even get an NHS membership for about £250 a few years back. He even plays ramside 15 miles further away.

If you come back up this way I’m sure there’s a few of us who can give you recommendations. Foxton hall is worth a try and has accomodation. It’s a really fair course with a bit of a challenge at the same time.