George Washington golf course Newcastle

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So, G Washington is closed today.
Hotel manager has been great ringing round.
Playing South Shields this afternoon.

That's a good result. What's the plan tomorrow? Waiting to see if GW is open, or going elsewhere?

The forecast is decent from now on, but I think most places will need a couple of days to dry out before they are playable.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's a good result. What's the plan tomorrow? Waiting to see if GW is open, or going elsewhere?

The forecast is decent from now on, but I think most places will need a couple of days to dry out before they are playable.
We are told GW will be open tomorrow.
Hotel has paid for today's golf.👍
Probably give GW a go tomorrow.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
You’ll enjoy shields and fair play to GW for sorting it. Not many open in the area today. Unfortunately with had the wettest march and April in my living memory up here.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I would normally be playing at South Shields but gave it a miss today. Just had the dog out on the hills next door & it's perfectly dry. Played yesterday & the greens were quick, if a little bumpy. Would be interested to hear how you found it. Have a Meatball Sub when you get in, they're phenomenal with a capital F.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@KenL glad you enjoyed it. Best day we've had here since October 😄. For those that don't know the course, the picture is actually from an elevated tee. It's difficult to tell in a 2d picture but it's a smashing hole and a cracking tee shot.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The first time I played shields it was in thick fog. You could only see about 40yards. I had to have a mate point me in the right direction!

I won with 45 points! 🤪

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Worth mentioning here, as well as on "arrange a game", that South Shields has a Pairs Open on 2 September, which can be used as a Forum mini meet. Everyone welcome, the course is usually at its best at that time of the year.