Genesis Open zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wolf

Visit site
Agree, I think the best way to emphasize the ridiculous time JB takes is to do a Rory Sabbatini when he walked onto the green while Ben Crane was still farting about over his approach. Sabbatini actually managed to walk all the way to the green before Crane had hit! It was incredible.
Actually agree with you on this Jacko, I remember seeing Sabbatini do that and more should do the same, the bit gets me as well yesterday Scott decided to play before Holmes as he was taking an age, after Scott played Holmes then started his process all over again unbelievably painful viewing. I ended up turning it off had enough of seeing him faffing about so much

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Actually agree with you on this Jacko, I remember seeing Sabbatini do that and more should do the same, the bit gets me as well yesterday Scott decided to play before Holmes as he was taking an age, after Scott played Holmes then started his process all over again unbelievably painful viewing. I ended up turning it off had enough of seeing him faffing about so much

The only issue with being so abrasive is that it could be very difficult to do this and maintain a calm demeanour over your own shots.

You instantly heighten the pressure on your own game, when you make a big statement about a fellow player. And if you do it to JB Holmes, do you do it to a higher profile player (Tiger / Spieth?) or someone who get on with, or practice / travel with? You'd be a massive hypocrite.

Hence why it has to be officials that do this without input from the other players.

Wolf

Visit site
The only issue with being so abrasive is that it could be very difficult to do this and maintain a calm demeanour over your own shots.

You instantly heighten the pressure on your own game, when you make a big statement about a fellow player. And if you do it to JB Holmes, do you do it to a higher profile player (Tiger / Spieth?) or someone who get on with, or practice / travel with? You'd be a massive hypocrite.

Hence why it has to be officials that do this without input from the other players.
I don't disagree it takes a strong character to maintain it and yes they would have to do it with higher profile players and if they're friends should have the balls to tell them to hurry up.

But as with all things in golf it needs officiating but until in becomes a hard fast rule and not merely a guideline then nothing will happen. Also very hard to transfer into a casual game as who gets to be the timer.. Now that I'd find interesting

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

None of these players are anywhere near as slow as JB.

I followed Tiger at the Open a few years back and he is usually the quickest out of his playing partners. Once he has his number and the club he's straight into the zone, over the ball and bang. Others take forever to decide even once they have the "number".

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being ready is JB's problem. Taking your time is acceptable, but do your faffing when the PPs are taking their shot. Be ready when it's your turn, not starting your process again, then again, then again...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Agree, I think the best way to emphasize the ridiculous time JB takes is to do a Rory Sabbatini when he walked onto the green while Ben Crane was still farting about over his approach. Sabbatini actually managed to walk all the way to the green before Crane had hit! It was incredible.

Rory did that too when Speith was faffing around up in th ebushes by the OB marker. Blimey, it's either in bounds or not, just play the ball and get on with it. Rory walked up and played his shot whilst everyone waited for Speith to chip out sideways eventually.

But Holmes was more than slow, and plumb bobbing a 12 inch putt was just plain ridiculous

Visit site
JB interview in the press room sums it up.
Yeah Play needs to speed up but we wasn't put on the clock, so it is what it is.

Wolf

Visit site
JB interview certainly.did sum things up nicely, basically do what we want until someone does something about it.

I saw on another forum today someone mention they'd heard the commentators say it took a full 8 mins for Spieth to find and confirm his ball at one point, I don't know how true that is as I'd turned off bored. But if that is accurate what a mockery of the 3 minute rule we're subject to.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Turned off bored last night

PGA tour needs to sort this out

I don't care that these boys say they playing for a lot of cash... they will be playing for a lot less when people turn off and stop watching.

Wolf

Visit site
Says it all really, wasn't put on the clock and nobody pulled them on it once why would he bother to speed up. But if that's him speeding up quite a bit imagine how long he used to take, was probably clean shaven when he started the round..
Screenshot_20190218_193157.jpg

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Imo he was deliberately slow to put off his playing partners. It’s a form of cheating, but he got away with it and will no doubt do it again.

As a tv viewer there is nothing good about him as a golfer

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And that statement sums up perfectly everything that is wrong with professional golf. If they can't be bothered to self regulate, let alone worry about an event or the PGA growing a pair and monitoring slow play AND doing something significant about it, this problem will carry on and on, no doubt getting worse and everyone sees they can get away with it.

Steve Bamford

Head Pro
www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk
And that statement sums up perfectly everything that is wrong with professional golf. If they can't be bothered to self regulate, let alone worry about an event or the PGA growing a pair and monitoring slow play AND doing something significant about it, this problem will carry on and on, no doubt getting worse and everyone sees they can get away with it.
100% - it doesn't get policed at all - let alone in high profile situations with high profile players. It will just continue.