Genesis Open zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pogle

Head Pro
Visit site
The shot clock only comes into play if the group are out of position and put on the clock

Not aware of any relevance to 2019 in this context

The proposed rules for 2019 contain a reference something along the lines of "it is recommended that a stroke should not take more than 40 seconds to play". People, incorrectly in my view, are reading that as if you don't play your shot in 40 seconds then you'll get penalised

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can reduce the number by two, starting with Na and Cantlay, that should work. :D

Might as well get rid of a whole three-ball while you're at it and bin off JB Holmes as well. Oh, and can we get rid of Andrew Loupe as well?

[video=youtube;U0Qj7qGqbwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Qj7qGqbwU[/video]

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Same delays this year :eek:, but what a great start to the "delayed " 3rd round from Tiger Woods, 3,3,3,3,3,4,3 now 6 under.
It's been stopped again because of bad light.:eek:

Wolf

Visit site
To be fair they were never going to complete the round, the long weather delays the 2nd round caused meant they had to wait a good couple hours to finish the round 2 before round 3 could even get under way hence the 2 tee start to the 3rd round.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's getting to the point where they will have to reduce the number of competitors to get them all round in one day

I was thinking that this has already happened. I noticed that there are only 140 players (from the scores shown yesterday) in this comp compared to the normal 165.

Re you original question I think the first days play was cancelled. Lots of players played more than a round on Friday and many had to complete their second round yesterday with a big likely hood that many one would not complete their 3rd rounds yesterday.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was thinking that this has already happened. I noticed that there are only 140 players (from the scores shown yesterday) in this comp compared to the normal 165.

Re you original question I think the first days play was cancelled. Lots of players played more than a round on Friday and many had to complete their second round yesterday with a big likely hood that many one would not complete their 3rd rounds yesterday.
Bob's post was from Feb 2018 (y)

Homer

Visit site

Standard field not 144?