Garmin S60 watch. Is it good?

bradleywedge

Visit site
It picks up most of the full shots, does miss the odd small chip shot. After you hit a shot you just have to select which club you hit and it works quite well.

I've got he CT10 trackers on my clubs, much simpler does it all automatically (most of the time), so don't spend time messing about with the watch

AdamW

Visit site
A bargain compared to the insanely priced starter pack of 3!

Just wondering how you are getting on with the 14 tags, would you recommend them?

What happens when you are chipping around the green with say a 7 iron, will it reduce your average hitting distance in the performance data for that club? Or is it clever enough to know you are using a 7 iron within 50 yards so does not affect club performance?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the S60 and cannot fault it. I saw the new S62 had come out but after 2 years with the S60 theres nothing wrong with it so cant justify buying the S62. Heart says S62 head says S60 is still great.

AdamW

Visit site
I have the S60 and cannot fault it. I saw the new S62 had come out but after 2 years with the S60 theres nothing wrong with it so cant justify buying the S62. Heart says S62 head says S60 is still great.

s62 is crazy money! Have you been using the tags with your s60?

bradleywedge

Visit site
I've got he CT10 trackers on my clubs, much simpler does it all automatically (most of the time), so don't spend time messing about with the watch

Moved my watch and sensors on in the end. As one of my current posts explains, too much faffing around for my liking. Sensors were not 100% sensitive and seemed to take ages for the watch to pick it up. Altogether not convinced with Garmin, previously had a cycle GPS computer which I had problems with.

I have purchased my last Garmin product.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
A few months on how you finding this? I just splashed out on one.. arrived today

Testing it tomorrow around my par 3 course

Found the GPS in garden to load the local courses just to see what it looks like

Seems decent

Very advance

What's the slope like in action?

Just bumping this thread up...Paul how have you found the S60? My S1 is held together with Gorilla tape so I’m thinking of treating myself. I know you like your tech so how has the watch performed? Recent reviews I found on google were not good which has cast a bit of doubt over pulling the trigger!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just bumping this thread up...Paul how have you found the S60? My S1 is held together with Gorilla tape so I’m thinking of treating myself. I know you like your tech so how has the watch performed? Recent reviews I found on google were not good which has cast a bit of doubt over pulling the trigger!

Personally love it , but dunno if it needed the 60 or the 40 could have done but nevermind

I find the touch screen for pointing to hazards a bit touch and go.. need to find out how to just get that working straight away rather than fiddling about

Yardage helpful
Scorecard built in helpful
Auto shot detection.. very helpful.. has a little bit above the screen as distance since the last shot..nice to know how far that drive you just hit was but more helpful when you know your distances and know you caught it well but the wind or just poor alignment took it into the rough you can be like right this is where to look as this is my yardage

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting thread.

Torn between the s40 and s60. Which I can get from between 180 for a grey s40 and 270 for an s60 In black.

Been deliberating for days now. Question is. Is the s60 that much better?

I don’t really care for shot tracking. Just usability, battery and ranges etc.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Personally love it , but dunno if it needed the 60 or the 40 could have done but nevermind

I find the touch screen for pointing to hazards a bit touch and go.. need to find out how to just get that working straight away rather than fiddling about

Yardage helpful
Scorecard built in helpful
Auto shot detection.. very helpful.. has a little bit above the screen as distance since the last shot..nice to know how far that drive you just hit was but more helpful when you know your distances and know you caught it well but the wind or just poor alignment took it into the rough you can be like right this is where to look as this is my yardage

Thanks it sounds just the job...

Interesting thread.

Torn between the s40 and s60. Which I can get from between 180 for a grey s40 and 270 for an s60 In black.

Been deliberating for days now. Question is. Is the s60 that much better?

I don’t really care for shot tracking. Just usability, battery and ranges etc.

I’m exactly the same but I’ve not seen them at the prices you have. Might I ask where you saw them?

Chico84

Visit site
I’ve been looking at these and also the S62 lately. Personally the fact the S62 has a built in heart rate monitor makes it more appealing as this means I’ll only need one watch for golf and other fitness activities. It is expensive but I’ve been looking at getting health insurance with Vitality and they do a good discount on Garmin watches. The S62 isn’t on their list yet but assume it will be soon as it is quite new and I guesstimate it will be either 25% or 30% discount which makes it less of a significant investment.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Love my s60. Main difference I think is in the size. Makes a difference when you are viewing the hole as the s60 is a little bigger.
Link it with the garmin ap and it works a treat.
I don't really use the tempo swing analyser tho...
Good smart watch that has all the usual functions most have...