Skycaddie SX400 - real use thoughts?

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
My daughter is playing in a few National tournaments this year and they're going to be on courses that we haven't played before. We'll have a practice round but I'm thinking of picking up a SKycaddie SX400 or similar to help with course layout, layups, bunkers, etc
Has anyone on here used one? Any thoughts? Happy with the unit? Any other recommendations?
I've got my Garmin watch which I use and it gives good F/M/B yardages, but I was more interested in the course layout side of things?
Cheers

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My daughter is playing in a few National tournaments this year and they're going to be on courses that we haven't played before. We'll have a practice round but I'm thinking of picking up a SKycaddie SX400 or similar to help with course layout, layups, bunkers, etc
Has anyone on here used one? Any thoughts? Happy with the unit? Any other recommendations?
I've got my Garmin watch which I use and it gives good F/M/B yardages, but I was more interested in the course layout side of things?
Cheers
Got one
Use it all the time
Brilliant piece of kit.
Layout screen is good and you can zoom in, move the pin around, it gives lay-up distances - although when you have 203 to a bunker and it says lay up to 201 I think it's asking a lot..;)
I get 3 rounds out of a charge and it takes about 2-3 hours to recharge.
I found it fiddly keeping it in my pocket...it does have a lock screen button but if you forget it, pocket it, when you fish it out the screen could be anywhere..
It sits on my trolley and works fine..

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What @Imurg said.

have one. Use it all the time. Sits on my trolley perfectly in the Motocaddy holder. Gives me one yardage to aim for.

reminds me….I need to renew my membership in the next couple of weeks!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it’s anything like the SX550 then it’s a great bit of kit. Love the way you can zoom in to find distances to bunkers and layup distances etc.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Skycaddie is definitely the best in terms of accuracy. Unless things have changed, they are the only people who map the course by walking round it. Others use Google maps.

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks all

One has been ordered from Snainton - gives me time to test it out before her first comp in 2weeks

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
Just by way of a quick update - the Skycaddie has been delivered this morning and included in the pack is also a prepaid membership card which was a bit of a bonus!

Just charged it up and had a quick demo go with it - it looks ideal for what we need & will help the daughter navigate her way around unfamiliar courses

Cheers

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cheers

Excellent device - use it all the time. It is great on courses that I haven't played before due to the hole by hole graphics distance arcs

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
the Motocaddy device holder is perfect. depending on what trolley you have, you might have the accessory station as standard, so just need the device holder attachment

https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/moto...kRbTBCITynxGrHDwiqsBEHUM_IU0_XgIaAt36EALw_wcB

I had this as well. I may just have been unlucky, but there was a little bit of play where the holder slotted into the accessory station and the constant rattling going over uneven ground made it break (stress fatigue if that’s a thing for plastic).

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had this as well. I may just have been unlucky, but there was a little bit of play where the holder slotted into the accessory station and the constant rattling going over uneven ground made it break (stress fatigue if that’s a thing for plastic).

i did have the same. Think I got about 2 years out of it, before needing to replace it.
it’s relatively inexpensive though, and i don’t think there is anything else out there better, so just an annoyance I’ll live with