Garmin Aproach G5 Advice

tallpaul

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the G3, I looked at the G5 as my Pro was selling them for £239 but I opted for the G3 at £199 as there was no advantage from the G5 in terms of how I'd use it > the basic differences being larger screen and stats function on the G5, I already track stats using Golfshot and I felt the larger screen was unecassery and actually made the device less user friendly i.e. bulkier to carry in my pocket.

There are no subscriptions to pay and I found the device very easy to update using my MacBook, I just plugged it in and downloaded the necassery software from the Garmin website.

I use rechargeable 2200 mAh batteries in mine and they would probably be good for more than 36 holes, but I charge them after every round anyway.

It's very simple to use and with the mounting bracket for my trolley handle, it's proving very usefull!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks Paul , i got a voucher for winning a comp the other weekend (€100) & i still have around €160 in my pro shop 2's club winnings . these are about €340 in the shop & only have the G5 .. so 80 odd notes for one wouldnt be hurting too much ..